Behind the mask

Mulai dari awal

"Well for starters Deidara Senpai, I like the colour orange.." he started off

I looked away and groaned, I knew he didn't get what I meant. I looked back towards him and said "Tobi no, that's not what I meant..hm" I said, my eyes now on the mask he's wearing.

"I meant..why cover up your face..hm?" I asked, hoping for a proper answer.

"To hide my identity Deidara Senpai" Tobi said, sounding a little confused. I'm sure he is, all I do is yell at him and this is probably the first time I've been nice to him. Maybe if I am nice to him more, he will trust me enough to show me his face.

"Does it bother you that my identity is hidden Senpai?" he asked, as to confirm my emotions towards his decision to stay masked and hidden.

"No it doesn't Tobi, hm," I said trying to sound convincing when I myself was dying to know what Tobi looked like. Not that it's important but my curiosity is killing me.

"Alright Deidara Senpai, do you want to play a game then?" he said happily, clapping his hands together.

"No.." I said and closed my eyes. He always tries to continue the conversation and I'm not really interested in what he has to say.

"Deidara Senpai.." he called again, this time he sounds a little more serious.

Without opening my eyes, I replied "What do you want Tobi?"

"Tell me more about your art"

My eyes shot open, I turned to look at Tobi. For someone who doesn't show his face, he sure does know how to grab my attention.

"My art?" I repeated, sounding a little shock.

He nodded and leaned closer as if interested to listen to what I have to say.

I don't think it'll affect anything if I do tell him about my art, unlike Sasori I'm sure he will listen and agree with me although he does not know anything.

"My art is an explosion.." I started off.

"Art is something that blossoms for an instant before withering away, art is beauty that lasts for just a moment, to be the essence of art is- an explosion," I said, feeling my passion for art flowing through my veins.

Flashbacks of when I first saw Itachi's Sharingan came back, the way I admired them and called them the true meaning of art. I looked down, now feeling ashamed that I thought so, that I doubted my art.

"I used to think Itachi's Sharingan was art, because of the power it holds," I said admittedly. I looked back at Tobi.

"But its nothing too special...that eye, now I realized that my art can surpass that; my art is explosive, not just an eye owned by the cursed Uchiha Clan" I continued on, my head looking down into the water, imagining Itachi's Sharingan.

"But for all I've learned is that if an artist doesn't get high levels of inspiration, his sentiments are dulled" I stated, feeling poetic myself. I smiled before looking back up at Tobi, who has leaned on his side, listening attentively to me.

"DEIDARA SENPAI! you sound like an artist too!" Tobi said, almost adoringly.

I gave him a small smile, his compliment warmed my heart. I'm getting used to Tobi, he's not so bad after all. Sure, he can be annoying but the way he listens to me and appreciates the things I say. I've never gotten much love or attention, to begin with, this feels really nice.

I stood up and walked out towards the exit, going back to the room. Tobi's eyes still on me, I could feel them. There's nothing special to my body anyways, aside from the three mouths I have attached to my body.

"I'm going first Tobi, we're heading out early tomorrow" I yelled back at Tobi, who was now alone in the warm waters. I grabbed my towel and covered up myself, I wore a robe and grabbed my things.

"ALRIGHT SENPAI! I'll be up later" he called out, his voice higher than it used to be. He must really be excited now that I'm talking to him. It's just for today Tobi, you caught me in a good mood. Don't be so happy.

I looked back at Tobi, who was now enjoying the warm waters alone. I wonder if he's going to take off his mask, well, I guess it's his privacy and I should respect it.

Maybe he isn't so bad after all, Tobi is bearable I guess, he isn't so annoying once you tell him about the serious stuff.

I'm starting to get used to him now.