He would've checked the weather forecast, but one of the kids in his class' parents were running late from work and couldn't pick him up for an hour or so, leaving Suga to have to comfort the poor girl (who was a sobbing mess out of fear of being abandoned). Well, a game of pictionary later she was fine. Out of routine, he would pick (Y/N) up from work a little after his afternoon class ended, but naturally having to take care of the kid made him run late which made him unable to check the weather.

So when he had to squeeze up against the building to avoid the falling raindrops, he could only really blame himself.

(Y/N) stumbled out, a pale yellow folder tucked under her arms. "It's raining," She noted.

He cringed, "Uh-huh,"

"Yikes,"

"Yeah..."

"Well then, guess we'll just have to make a run for it, huh?" She grinned, taking her coat jacket off and leaving her in her white shirt, wrapping the dark fabric around her folder. Her lack of animosity toward their adversity made him feel better about the whole thing, because she didn't look as if she cared either. She seemed to read his mind, because as she grabbed his hand, ready to step into the truckloads of rain, she asked him, "Why the long face? We get to be all romantic and sprint through the rain. Hello? Garden of Words moment?"

He let out a small sigh, tightening his grip on her hands and smiling, "You're right, you're right. How foolish of me to not take this glorious opportunity?"

"Exactly," She said, "Now, are we ready to venture out into the water-filled world known as rainy Tokyo?"

Now much more relaxed, even feeling a grin creep onto his face, he winked at her, "Lead the way,"

And that was how they began their five-block journey to their apartment. 

Hand in hand as the showers began to seep into their clothes, as their hair clung to their faces and the stream rushed past their feet. She laughed when he slipped, almost bringing both of them down onto the pavement, he tugged her when she saw an adorable puppy in the pet shop window, rolling his eyes and telling her how he was practically submerged in rainwater and would kill her if she caught a cold. She just jogged toward him and kissed him. 

That sent him all the way to cloud nine, and he felt particularly flirty after that, twirling her around and deciding to have a little bit of fun. In the middle of their quiet street, he dipped her and planted a tender kiss in which both their smiles were as wide as the dark sky above them. 

They stumbled into their apartment, little pools of water that dripped out of their clothes and hair already forming in the entrance.

(Y/N) laughed lightly, slightly out of breath while taking off her shoes, "That was fun,"

"Yeah," He hummed, taking off his own trainers. He looked up at her, grinning madly, "So what? Are we showering together?"

(Y/N), already running toward their bedroom, poked her tongue out at him and disappeared behind the door.

"Wait, is that a yes? I- Hello?"

The smell of garlic hit him like a bus as he stepped out of their room, his towel twisted around his hair like a whole middle-aged white mom.

(Y/N) looked up serving the pasta al Pesto into two white plates, smirking up at him, "You're wearing the tartan pj's." And he was, the red patterned pj's fitting his body snugly, feeling surprisingly warm and comfy.

"I am," He nodded, swerving around the kitchen island.

She put the pot of pasta down, facing him as he snaked his arms around her waist, "I like your tartan pj's,"