𝐤𝐢𝐲𝐨𝐤𝐨

Start from the beginning

Swinging tranquilly on a hammock, she had taken refuge under the palapa that rested atop the water, a wooden, creaky boardwalk providing the path to it. She had heard (Y/N) coming this way, but only let her eyes flutter open once the (E/C)-eyed girl called out to her.

Once her eyes focused on the pretty girl, she could see her holding the blender, which contained an icy pink liquid that sloshed around as she moved, and two cocktail glasses. "Hiya," Kiyoko mumbled with a soft smile, "Isn't it a little early for alcohol?" 

(Y/N) shook her head, placing the glasses on the wooden bar next to the white-beige hammock, "It's never too early for alcohol. I think it's a great way to kickstart your day, don't you?"

Rubbing her eyes, adjusting her contacts, Kiyoko sat up slightly, her body slightly achy from falling asleep just then, and from the days spent laying in the sun. She liked it though. It was a pleasant sort of ache, only there to remind you of what a great holiday you were having. Her skin was oh so slightly sticky from the salt. Not to the point where you were uncomfortable, like at the sea. 

"So what d'you think, Kiyo-chan? Is it good? Nobel peace prize worthy?" (Y/N) asked once she had taken a small sip.

Giving her a quick peck on the lips, Kiyoko grinned, "Solved world peace, I say,"

(Y/N)'s dazzling smile widened, "Why, thank you. So, why don't we go to that sushi bar in town again? We can try their cocktails and compare,"

Threading her hand through (Y/N)'s, Kiyoko lead her back to the mainland, where the house they had rented out lay. Their footsteps made the wood on the port-like bridge creak, though the water below was about as shallow as most men, and the limestone-like sand was plenty soft. If they did fall, it'd be like falling into a large mattress.

"Yeah, sure. So a relaxing day here'll be fine?" Kiyoko asked, beginning to hum Friday I'm In Love by The Cure, though the Phoebe Bridgers cover was probably the version she listened to most.

"Mhhm. I'll make us some fruit, yeah?"

As she walked away into the kitchen of the house, Kiyoko noticed her whistling to the tune of her song. It was a very frivolous thing, but her heart sweltered with love. She had no idea how, or why, but it did. It did. 

It made her feel like she was falling in love all over again.

 "When I started dating you I didn't know I'd be getting a housewife too~" Kiyoko teased, putting her book down as (Y/N) placed the plate of fruit onto the table. Pineapple, mango, grenadine and any other semi-tropical fruit you could find in Mexico were splayed out, chopped neatly with a small pile of tajin on the side. 

(Y/N) rolled her eyes teasingly, "What're you reading?"

She lifted the book to flash her the cover, "Emily Dickinson,"

"Fancy," (Y/N) smirked, "Read me a poem, then, pretty girl,"

JAJSKJHDJDJBKJHjhdj- "You really shouldn't call me that. I swear it gives me a stroke every time," (Y/N) just winked at her playfully, fully damn well knowing that her heart was racing faster than Lightning McQueen himself. That woman would surely be the death of her. Shaking her head with a sigh, blush dusting her already sunburnt cheeks, she picked up her book, "Wild Nights – Wild Nights! / Were I with thee / Wild Nights should be / Our luxury! / Futile – the Winds – / To a Heart in port – / Done with the Compass – / Done with the Chart! / Rowing in Eden – / Ah, the Sea! / Might I but moor – Tonight –/ In Thee!"

(Y/N)'s smirked grew tenfold. It just so happened that the poem she flipped to was the steamiest one, the one that was about Emily's relationship with her sister-in-law. Really, the universe was so incredibly funny. Kiyoko was dying of laughter. (She was blushing wildly, especially as (Y/N) raised a single brow), "Flirting with me, Ki? Trying to incite something? Entice me with your pretentious poems?"