"Fine." She sighs, lightening up. "I'll talk to her, but only because I think you're truly good for her, despite whatever shit you two idiots got yourselves into."

"Adorable idiots, amirite?" Mickey chimes in, with a cheeky grin as he joins us in the kitchen, now fully-clothed.

Thank fuck.

"You definitely are." Liza grins, giving him a disgustingly long good morning kiss. I check my phone, seeing a lack of notifications.

So this is what it feels like to be the third wheel.

"I have one condition though." Eliza comes up for air, adding her stipulation.

"What's that?"

"You make me breakfast before I go."

I laugh and walk over to the fridge, pulling out the eggs and bacon. "Deal!"

"Me too!" Mickey eagerly interjects.

"Fine."

After making breakfast, I plate the food and bring the square, glass dishes to the wooden breakfast table near the balcony. I set the plates down and walk over to the French doors, opening them. Sweat drips down my forehead as a gush of winter wind smacks me in the face, cooling me off.

Goddamn. Cooking over a hot stove while hungover is not ideal.

"Close the door, dickhead. You're making the food cold," Mickey says as he sits down.

Charming as usual.

I shut the doors and take my seat across from him and Liza. We dig into our bacon omelettes with a side of avocado toast—made especially for Liza—trying to kiss ass a bit.

As we eat, I glance at my phone again, just to make sure Olivia hasn't called or texted back. Nothing. Not a word. I send her another message, hoping she'll eventually give me a chance to explain.

Well, kinda explain.

"Oh, for fuck's sake. Tell me you're not texting Liv." Eliza tosses her toast onto the plate, annoyed.

"Umm...I'm not texting Liv."

"Axel! Let me talk to her," she scolds, visibly frustrated. "Mickey said you guys are working on a fix for your little problem today. Worry about that and I'll worry about Liv."

"I just don't want her to think I've given up on us."

"She won't." Liza sighs again. "How many times have you texted her since last night?"

"Maybe once an hour?"

"Holy hell!" Mickey blurts out, laughing as he spits eggs onto the table. "Clingy much?"

I narrow my eyes, staring at my best friend. "You really wanna do this in front of her?" I point my fork at Liza and he shuts up, knowing what a clingy fuck he was when it came to meeting her.

"You really need to stop texting her so much," Liza reiterates.

I know. It's getting fucking weird.

"You're right. What if I text or call every two hours?"

"Fine. But no voicemails," she negotiates, picking her toast back up.

"Deal!"

We all laugh at my desperation before cramming down the rest of our breakfasts, rallying through the nausea from last night's activities.

———

"Thanks for the food!" Eliza smiles, saying her goodbyes at the door.

"No problem. Thanks for talking to my girl."