15 | charlie chaplin

Nayeon's been disappearing more lately after school.

It's weird, seeing as she was usually the last person to leave campus before.

Truth be told, Sana and Mina know who she's visiting, but they don't know where. Jihyo won't tell them for Jeongyeon's safety.

Momo's also grown suspicious of how the second Yejun arrives, Jeongyeon leaves, and it's just like what happened two years ago when he disappeared off the grid and came back with human blood.

"Unnie, maybe they're like...twins who switch every now and then." Chaeyoung suggests, and both Tzuyu and Momo look at her as if she's crazy.

"Chaeng..." Tzuyu doesn't know how to begin. "You know I love you and all, but that is just absurd. They are two different people. They're probably not even related!"

Momo decides to keep silent for this.

"Besides, I'm sure Jeongyeon unnie will come back soon." Tzuyu looks around the area they're in. "And Nayeon unnie too, wherever the hell she keeps going. She even missed Basketball club yesterday! Said it was for personal reasons or whatever." She says, adding in a roll of the eyes.

Chaeyoung crosses her arms. "Nayeon unnie probably has some other new lover—or maybe, she doesn't want to be in a school where her psycho ex boyfriend is!"

Momo stands up and heads for her car, leaving Chaeyoung and Tzuyu to have a small couple fight about why Nayeon keeps disappearing after school.

She heads up to the IT room, because that's where Sana usually is to keep up with her work.

Before she enters, she knows she needs to knock, at least until she hears Sana speaking to someone on what seems to be the telephone.

Momo hates eavesdropping, but this seems quite interesting.

"No, Jihyo! I just wanna know where the hell Nayeon keeps disappearing after school." Sana huffs. "Sorry for screaming but she's always missing clubs and meetings. We have the Winter Dance in about two months and it's hard to plan without the leader! It's not like her to be this way."

...Jihyo? Sana knows a Jihyo? Who the hell is that?

"I get Jeongyeon needs someone to keep her company but must it be Nayeon? Why can't it be you?"

Jeongyeon? Nayeon's been meeting up with Jeongyeon secretly...of course. Where else would she run off to?

"I get she's trying to hide, and I'll respect her privacy but if you could just tell Nayeon that-"

Momo leans in closer to hear—at least, until someone appears behind her back.

"Hey."

Momo turns and jumps at the sight of Myoui Mina, who is looking like a literal goddess right now.

"O-oh. H-h-hey." Momo can't seem to find the words to say. She's kind of embarrassed that she was caught like this. "What-what are you doing here?"

Mina laughs, and it's such a soft laugh that it makes Momo's heart stop for the longest time it's ever paused.

"Well, I came to check on Sana but it looks like you were here first. I'll catch up with her later though." She smiles and begins to turn away. "Really like the hair, by the way." She adds in a bit of Japanese, waving goodbye before walking off, and Momo doesn't even hear the door opening.

Sana doesn't know why her best friend is staring into the corridor but she figures that her best friend is living in a simulation.

"Momoring," Sana bursts Momo's bubble thought of Mina and rests her arm on the older girl's shoulder. "Personally, I think the school does look kind of nice. Although I don't think it's nice enough to be staring into." She claps her hands and walks ahead.