18 | beyond the skies

Jeongyeon couldn't be more grateful to go back to school. It was boring to have to wait over 24 hours before she had real human interaction.

"Class," Mr Park made his way to the whiteboard. "I need you guys to pair up with another student." He took a quick peek at the register and shook his head. "Actually, change of plans. I'll get you all to work in groups of four. There are 28 of you and presentation times will be too long if I get you to do it in pairs."

He clapped his hands and started the powerpoint, titled "Project Presentation."

"Right then, your task over the next month is to prepare a presentation about, drumroll please: yourselves! It will be about how you all work together in a group and about yourselves individually." He smiled over to Jeongyeon's area. "I know most of us feel strangled because we ourselves don't know how to deal with our emotions, and others emotions too.

The first step with understanding other people and their emotions is by understanding your own. Development and the process of feelings and such, like anger, fear, happiness and sadness.

Sometimes you may feel empty inside, like you're missing something."

Jeongyeon looked down at her desk. She didn't know how to feel about this whole project. It just felt like it was mainly aimed at her.

Or maybe that was just her gut feeling telling her that something was missing.

"Now, I will let you off early since we've finished the tasks for today. You can use this for a free period, or use it to start off your presentation. Dismissed."

*****

Jeongyeon, Mina, Sana and Momo all sat round a table, discussing about what they were going to do for their presentation.

"I think we should do separate segments, and then we do a another segment where it explains like, us as a friend group." Sana begins, writing down the notes as their scribe. "Anyone have any other ideas? Because surely I'm not the only one going to be working on the project."

Jeongyeon shrugged. "I don't know. I probably might not be here again during the presentation."

"Hey! Don't say that!" Sana slapped Jeongyeon's arm. "We will not let you go off the grid again. You'll be safe here."

"Yeah. Hm." Jeongyeon blankly noted, looking up at Mina. "Minari?" Mina turned to Jeongyeon. "When's the school dance again?"

"I'm literally planning the school dance!" Sana yelled. "Why are you asking her?"

Mina knew what Jeongyeon was trying to say. "It's in a week's time. That enough time for you?"

Jeongyeon nodded her head. "Yeah."

Sana glanced over at Momo, who had been silent for the past few minutes. "Hey, say something. You've been so silent."

"I just think that if Jeongyeon won't be here, then we should just focus on us." Momo sighed. "It's no use to try and get Jeongyeon to join when she knows she might not be here."

Sana knew something was going to be going on, but she had no idea what. Jeongyeon was in danger and it seemed like Yejun's target wasn't Nayeon at all.

It was Jeongyeon herself.

Nayeon bursting into the library shoved Sana's trail of thoughts away, and she stood up almost immediately.

"Do we have a meeting now?" Sana questioned, and Nayeon shook her head, grabbing Jeongyeon's wrist.

"We need to talk." Nayeon dragged Jeongyeon out of the meeting, leaving the Japanese girls to be confused.