2 | free falling

All she has to do is focus on sending this email - but this talkative girl is making everything so damn hard.

Jeongyeon looks up at Sana, who is rambling on about something that happened in Japan, and frankly enough, Jeongyeon doesn't care enough about Sana to listen in. All she has to do is write this email and then immediately delete all traces of it from the computer, but every single time Sana opens her mouth to speak, nonsense is all that spews out.

Sure, Jeongyeon knows how easy it is to just send a damn email but it's not easy when what you're typing is the polar opposite of what this happy-go-lucky reincarnation of a shiba inu is talking about.

The girl stops for a second and turns to Jeongyeon, who looks completely disassociated with the world.

"I'm sorry, am I annoying you?" She genuinely asks, no hint of sarcasm in her tone.

Oh, how badly Jeongyeon wants to say that three letter word...but all that comes out is a simple shake of the head.

Sana sighs in relief and is about to ramble on some more, but both of them stop whatever they're doing as the door opens.

Jeongyeon doesn't know who this girl is, but it gets even weirder when the trespassing girl smiles at Jeongyeon.

It's more of a smirk than a smile, Jeongyeon notes, and turns back to the computer.

"Sana, can I talk with you for a quick sec?" The girl asks, and Sana nods and heads out with the girl.

Jeongyeon can hear everything they're saying.

There isn't usually much of a problem with this, but in the world Jeongyeon grew up in, she transcribed everything that came within earshot-and she did it fast.

Unconsciously, she types down what Sana and the girl are talking about, and she doesn't even realise it a single bit.

Not until the girl enters the room to talk to Jeongyeon.

The look on her face when she sees the computer screen is a mixture of all the oxygen and blood leaving her body, along with shock and distress.

"W-what?" She stammers, and Jeongyeon finally realises what she's done.

Because the minute she reads whatever the hell she just wrote, she knows it's over for her.

*****

"She is NOT a spy, Nayeon." Sana says after school, walking beside Momo and Nayeon. "Just because she accidentally wrote down everything I said and you answered, does not mean that she's a spy. Momo's just brainwashing you."

Momo's sour look tells Sana that she doesn't agree at all.

"Remember during maths class? She finished all the questions within 5 minutes-and no one else finished it until class ended!" Sana raises her eyebrows in response to Momo's speech.

"Maybe she's just extremely smart, Momoring. Just because you couldn't finish those answers that quick-"

"It took Nayeon 18 minutes to finish that worksheet. Do you really think that it's so simple to beat miss perfect-at-literally-everything-and-I'm-not-even-bragging?"

This, Sana can't argue with, and turns back to Nayeon whose usually energetic nature is lacking its power.

Nayeon slouches, kicking a single pebble from the pedestrian road in front of her, which flies off and hits a random blue Tesla.