Believe in your heart

ANDIOOOP4 I think you'll like this chapter 😏
Amity's POV

For some reason that they refuse to explain to me, Ed and Em are more mischievous today then they have been in wile. Last time they were this mischievous was before.....before Luz left the isles. They still caused chaos but they didn't seem to enjoy it as much and it wasn't the worst things they could have done. So to see them like this was a bit of a surprise however I didn't bother to dwell on their behavior as I made my way to the library to read to the children.

I always told others that it was just for extra credit but that couldn't be farther from the truth. I enjoyed see the happy smiles on the children's faces as I read them stories, even if I read them stories I have already read to them. Today I decided to read to them Otabin. The story was my favorite growing up as a child and was held dear to my heart since. I remember Ed and Em reading it to me before bed. Our parents couldn't even be bothered to read their children bed time stories but some of my fondest memories with the story were with them acting out the parts of the book.

Once I got ready I noticed how excited the children looked. Like with how I was as a child, they all enjoyed Otabin. I sat down, opened the book and began to read. "Otabin spent his days alone amongst the many books he'd sewn. With needle and thread, the pages he'd mend. But all the while he longed for a friend." I read. They all sat listening intently to the story. The sparkles in their eyes reminded me so much of Luz.

Titan how I've missed that girl. She was the first and only person who was able to make my heart skip a beat, cause the heat to rise to my cheeks, and gave me butterflies. I wish I confessed to her before she left. My heart still flutters at the thought of her. "... "What do you think you're doing?" "We're your friends and we want to help" said the tiny boy with a yelp. Otabin smiled and paced the floor.-"

I continued but just as I was about to say the next line a new yet familiar voice piped in. "I've never had real friends before" said the voice. I looked towards the entrance, as did the kids as well, and my eyes widen. 'It- it can't be.' I thought to myself. ""Then we'll be your first!" The chicken clucked. Otabin couldn't believe his luck. So, bookmaker Otabin surrounded by friends, bound a book of friendship and that's the end." Said the voice as she stepped closer. Her left arm in a sling and an ever present smile on her face. As she got closer she stopped a little bit in front of the kids and gave me a close eyed smile. Tears filled my eyes as I closed the book, setting it down on the side table, and slowly standing up. She looked at me again, passion and care in her eyes. "It's nice to see you again, Ami." She said.

When the tears finally rolled down. The kids made a clearing for me as she welcomed me with an open arm, clearly offering a hug. I quickly retreated into her embrace, being careful with her sling as she obviously had some sort of injury, as I cried into her shoulder. "I missed you so much." I whispered into her ear. I felt her shoulders tense and heard a sniffle as she held me tighter to her. "I missed you too, mi amor." She said in a shaken voice, using her foreign language to say phrases I still don't understand, she always called me Cariño or amor before she left. Something about her language always fascinated me and made me blush. I felt something warm and wet land on my shoulder. She was crying. We both were.

Can you blame us though. We haven't seen each other for 4 whole years. I haven't seen the one I love most for four whole years. At some point the kids filed out and went to find their parents. When we pulled away from each other we just stared into each others eyes with our foreheads touching. She brought her hand up to my cheek as I leaned into her touch. We smiled at each other enjoying this moment. "I've been wanting to do this for a long time now." Luz said and before my mind can even comprehend what she meant by that, I felt her soft lips against mine. My eyes widened before I wrapped my arms around her neck and leaned into the kiss.

When we pulled away I saw the love and compassion in her eyes. I could tell I had the same look. "I love you Amity, so much." She said to me. My heart fluttered. Oh how I've dreamed of those words "I love you too." I told her as we kissed once more with more passion then before.