Keep your mind in the present

3rd POV

Eda had heard all of it. She didn't mean to listen in of course, that was wrong even for her standards. She had woken up and couldn't fall back to sleep so she decided to get some apple blood but when she walked down stairs she heard Luz talking to herself. She would've just walked into the kitchen and questioned the girl later if it wasn't for what Luz had said. Luz hasn't had a good nights sleep in literal years. So in concern for the girl she listened in. She heard her conversation with Camila but didn't do anything. She only moved when she heard the faint cry's of the child.

Eda went towards the couch, sitting next to the human, without even being noticed. She wrapped her arms around the human, providing her with a shoulder to lean on. The action caused Luz to squeak in surprise but returned to hug upon realizing it was just Eda. Eda rubbed Luz's back in an art to comfort the girl who had a tight grip around her. Eda didn't know why but it broke her heart to see Luz in such a state. Seeing her daughter figure so distraught not only from the conversation with Camila, if you can even call it a conversation, but from the fear of her dreams hurt her to no ends.

Eda continued to comfort the young adolescent as Luz's body shook from her harsh cry's. "I'm sorry. Please don't leave." Luz mumbled between her sobs. Eda was barely able to make out what was said but it broke her heart to hear how broken Luz sounded. "There's nothing for you to be sorry about, Luz. And I'm not going anywhere anytime soon." Eda said reassuringly. She held the girl tighter bringing her closer to her chest where should could hear Eda's soft heart beat. That calmed Luz down greatly. She tightly gripped Eda's shirt as Eda placed her chin on Luz's head. She was still breathing quite heavily and by the looks of it starting to hyperventilate. 'Panic attack' Eda deduced.

Her breathing wouldn't slow and this worried Eda greatly as Luz was on the verge of blacking out. 'How many nights has she blacked out from hyperventilation after something like this happens?' Eda thought to herself, concern written on her face. "Alright Luz you need to listen to me ok? Nod your head if you understand." Eda said. Luz replied with a slight, almost reluctant nod. "We're going to play a small game ok? It's called keep your mind on the present. I need you to tell me something you can see around you right now?" Eda continued. 'This has worked for me a lot let's hope it works for her.' Eda thought as Luz took a look around the room. She looked up at the wall behind the couch before speaking up. "I can see your wanted poster and my banned poster." Luz replied in a shaky voice. Her breath was still fast. "Good now tell me something you can touch right now." Eda instructed. "Your shirt and the couch cushions." Luz replied. Her breath was starting to slow down but it wasn't enough yet. "You're doing great kid, just a few more ok? Tell me something you can smell right now?" Eda continued to instruct. Luz took a small sniff of the air. "I can smell your perfume and the left over spaghetti from earlier." Luz replied. Slightly out of breath but it's getting better, she was further away from blacking out now. 'Wait that perfumes fragrance is still in effect. And wasn't Lilly supposed to put away the left overs. I can't tell at her for doing that though cause it's helping me with the kid right now.' Eda thought to herself. "Just a little more and we're done alrighty hun? Tell me what you can taste right now." Eda furthered her instruction. "I can taste what remains of the spaghetti's flavor." Luz said as she was close to catching her breath. "You're almost there sweetheart, tell me what you can hear right now." Eda finished instructing. Luz squirmed closer to Eda as she listened to Eda's heart beating. Luz smiled as she was finally calmed completely. "I can hear your heartbeat." Luz said. Eda smiled. "That's right kiddo. And it because of you the my hearts still beating. Don't you ever forget that and don't you ever think other wise, ok?" Eda replied, pulling away so Luz can look her in the eyes.

Luz looked up at Eda with a smile on her face and happy tears brimming her eyes. She nodded before bringing Eda into another tight hug. Eda, taken aback by the suddenness, took a second to realize that she was being hugged again before hugging back. "I love you, Eda." Luz said. Eda smiled fondly. It was no secret that Eda thought of Luz as a daughter, as much as she try's to hide it, she will admit that it's quite obvious just by the amount of terms of endearment that slip when talking to the girl, and they've said I love you to each other a thousand times by now but each time was filled to the brim with their motherly and daughterly endearment towards each other. "I love you too, hun"