"Wait! Where are you going? Isn't it better to call the police instead?" Jin whispered harshly, taking hold of Mia's arm as she slowly shuffled forward. "By the time the police come, someone might have been killed. Plus, it might not be anything serious. Maybe someone just fell and can't get up."

"Yeah, but-"

Another cry ripped through the air, bouncing off the metal swings and climbing frame in the park before making it's way to their ears. The cry sounded more urgent than before and Mia could make out a few words that were spoken, but one thing had her heart drop once she connected the dots. This wasn't any scream. It was a child's cry.

"It's a child." Mia quickly noted before she ripped her arm away from a frightened Jin and shoved the bags into his hands. "I'm going to check what's going on. They might be getting kidnapped, so call the police if I'm not back in about 5 minutes." Mia rapped out before taking off towards the voice, not looking back at a confused Jin. 

"Wait? What! Mia!" Jin frantically called after her when her words sank into his mind. The pure shock from her words had left him grounded on where he stood, his hands shaking at the thought of something going wrong. However, something in his mind was telling him to trust her and stay still with his phone. And that's what he did. Well, for a few seconds. 

A few seconds had passed since he last saw his soulmates figure disappear behind the trees, which were located on the far end of the playground, his hands tightening his grip on his mobile device, until he realised something. Three things, to be exact.  

Firstly, he wasn't sure he knew enough Japanese to explain what had happened to any officers and if he can't communicate with them, how can he get help? Secondly, he had no idea where this park was. The parks name had eroded and the surrounding looked similar to other parks he had seen in Japan, apart from the fact it was in more worse shape than the other, leaving him with no other way to accurately explain where he was. Third and most importantly, he had no knowledge of the emergency number for Japan's police stations. Mia had left no number with him and since he wasn't sure where he was, he didn't know which station he should contact, so searching up the number was also not an option. 

In other words, him standing here with a phone in his hand, so he could call the emergency service if need be, was stupid. He couldn't do anything. Even if he tried.

Once Jin had realised these flaws in the job he was given, he was forced to abandon his station. The first thought in his mind was to go and get some help from the locals around here, but he quickly scrapped the idea once he realised he could be putting people in danger and possible over-reacting. After all, he still wasn't sure if what he truly heard was anything to report to the officers. It could be like Mia said, someone had injured themselves and in that case an ambulance might be needed. 

The more Jin thought about what to do, the more he realised there was only one option. Go after Mia. 

Just like Mia, Jin was no fan of horror movies, not even being able to take the smallest of jump-scares without screaming for his life. Thus, following after Mia was the last thing he wanted to do. Yet, he couldn't stand still doing nothing whilst Mia and that child could be in danger. He would forever feel guilty if anything happened to them both. Especially Mia. 

Nevertheless, Jin's body made the decision for him as he soon found his legs moving in the direction Mia had left, the groceries hanging off his arms, ready to be thrown at anyone he saw as a threat. 

Making it pass the numerous sized trees, Jin was surprised to find a clear circular field with benches dotted around. The wide space and luscious green grass, welcomed him with a gentle wave as the wind blow from the east before again from west. A smile found itself on his face, momentarily forgetting about the reason why he was here, as he took in the sight of pure nature that hid behind the a deserted park. It wasn't till his sight dragged itself towards the right corner of the heaven on earth, that he noticed the familiar clothes and distinctive features of the person he was looking for.