Chapter 5 part 1

It was the big day of Naruto's and Hinata's wedding and there was a lot of stuff to do. Hinata had requested Sakura and Karin to check if things ran smoothly with the wedding. Hinata herself would be too busy doing that herself and you couldn't really trust Naruto to do the job even if the world depended on it.

They start off the busy day with proper breakfast. While eating, Karin wanted to give something to her roommate. It was Sakura's birthday after all.

"It's not much but I hope you like it"

"K-Karin, you didn't have to" Sakura was almost sure that Karin would be too busy to find time to look for a gift.

"Just open it" a clear blush appeared on the redhead's cheek which made Sakura smile warmly. You could tell by Karin's grumpy reaction that she spend a lot of thought into it. The pink haired woman opens the gift to reveal a small box and inside of it contained both their clan symbols as necklaces connected with each other similarly to the typical heart necklaces. They connected by having the Haruno symbol connecting as an outer layer for the Uzumaki clan symbol.

"Whoa! I- I don't know what to say. This is really amazing gift Karin" She quickly puts on the Uzumaki necklace around her neck. She looks down at it, reminiscing about her time with Karin and how their friendship started.

"Isn't it silly how we both desperately chase someone who wouldn't event glance at us?"

"And now we don't even need that trash anymore because we got each other?" Sakura looks up again to see Karin wearing the Haruno clan symbol around her neck, making Sakura's heart raise. Just knowing that they wore each other's clan symbol made Sakura flustered as it really felt they belonged to each other.

"We should get ready" Both went to their separate room to prepare for the day. As usual they met at the hallway and Sakura again was taken aback at Karin's outfit. This time she made sure to act more "normal" while checking her friend out. The redhead was actually wearing a purple suit with a red tie. The suit isn't bulky as most suits are worn by men but this suit hugged Karin's shape making it look more refined and beautiful. Sakura was wearing the simple pink dress she bought with Karin. Together they didn't look bad at all but it was something Sakura didn't say out loud in case Karin would get weird signals from it. She still compliments Karin's looks however.

"Looking handsome. I look cheap compared" Sakura chuckles but the redhead gave her that serious glance again.

"If someone looks "better" than you it shouldn't really matter. As long you feel like you look good than that should be the only thing mattering to you" Karin reminds the pink haired girl who couldn't help but to chuckle.

"Why is that so funny?"

"No I'm just... I feel a bit overwhelmed when you reassure me like that" The Haruno tries to explain and Karin simply nods.

They finally made their way to the weiding and the duo made sure the right guests got to where they should be and generally greeted them. They didn't have to constantly check on the schedule of course, they are guests after all. Their group of friends finally arrived and compliments the duo for looking very attractive together which catches Karin blushing.

Her and Sakura holding hands most of the time didn't help either. Many people thought there was something between the kunoichi which they weren't totally wrong but Karin and Sakura are still confused about how to go on about the relationship they have. Some people even judged the possible deeper relationship Karin and Sakura shared, the eyes said everything and this was something the redhead could feel and was growing anxious. The Haruno could feel this as her palm was wet and she knew she was not the one sweating. She leads Karin away from the crowd calming her friend down.

"Is everything alright? Is it because there are so many people?"

"I guess you could say that..." Karin sits down on a bench and Sakura follows suit.

"What do you mean?"

"Can't you see how people look at us? They're judging and looking down on us..." Karin has never cared what people think of her, she knows people don't trust her but if anything she didn't want to drag down Sakura in it too, not after everything the pink haired woman has done for her.

"I guess I had a hint of it but if so then so what? We are not hurting anyone and it's their problem if they can't handle seeing a Konoha kunoichi being with a Oto kunoichi"

"But you're one of the most famous medical ninja, a heroine who has saved so many lives in the recent war. I don't want you ruin your image just because I am with you-"

"My image is the least of my worries. What does it matter if I'm famous but I can't be with the most important person in my life?" Sakura immediately argues. The Haruno gently grabbed Karin's hands to place it on their cheek.

"Sakura..."

"You helped me pull through my biggest struggles in life and I still don't know how to repay you for that other than... making you happy like you deserve. I don't want people who are close minded get in the way like that" Karin almost automatically starts creasing Sakura cheeks as she was reassuring her.

"I can't make you ignore them. I know it's not that easy. But I would like that our friendship is stronger than what people's opinions are" Karin swore she could see hurt in Sakura's eyes when she said "friendship".

"You're right... I'm going to try my best to focus on us more than anyone else" A smile grows on the pink haired woman and Karin can't help but to smile too.

"Let's go back to the wedding. It's probably good if we check on Naruto and Hinata" Sakura suggest and Karin follows the Haruno back to the wedding, holding hands once again.