Chapter 2 part 1

As weeks passed with continued training with the Uzumaki duo, Karin realized that going back and forth between Konoha and the hideout became very ineffective.

"Why don't you just move to the hidden leaf? We have mutual terms with them now and me and Jūgo can take care of this place by ourselves. We have done that before!" Suigetsu suggested but only received a big smack from Karin but at least he turned his head into water to not get absolutely messed up.

"Of course I can't do that! I would betray Orochimaru by leaving this place! And haven't you seen the rent prices for just an apartment? They're ridiculously high and I can't afford that" The redhead argues and their conversation got interrupted by the door of the office they were in for opening. It was revealed to be Sakura Haruno.

"Excuse me! Am I interrupting something-" The Haruno was quickly interrupted by the white haired man.

"Karin here is searching for a place to move into the hidden leaf! We figured it was getting tiring going back and forth all the time and who is a better person to ask about houses in Konoha other than someone who lives there. What do you say, Sakura?" Suigetsu wasn't dumb, he had noticed how Karin has changed and how she talk about Sakura nowadays. This was an opportunity for the Hozuki to help out their friend getting closer to a possible partner. Karin again wanted to smack Suigetsu but she didn't want to behave "barbaric" in front of Sakura which is a bit ironic knowing her brute strength. Why she even cared in the first place was a "mystery" as well.

"Oh! I have an idea. I currently live alone and in all honesty, I barely make the bill ironically enough. Having a roommate and split the rent would make it easier" this answer was more than what Suigetsu had bargained for and it was just perfect! The excited face of him confused pink haired women but she was just glad she could help out.

"We can talk more about it when we get to the hidden leaf. And thank you for the medicines we can use for the hospital" Jūgo handed Sakura a case where the small bottles of medicine were in. Karin would grab her small luggage and they were set to make their way to Konoha.

"You know, you didn't have to pick me up," Karin stated, not really turning her head towards the other kunoichi. It wasn't a retort and it was rather trying to explain that the pink haired lady shouldn't bother with the Uzumaki.

"I know... but I wanted to" Sakura was genuine. They have gotten a bit closer since Karin visited Konoha more often. They had a mutual understanding for each other.
The forest around them became greener and greener indicating that they were soon to arrive.

"Sakura. Remember when we ate ramen together after the first training? Thank you... for reassuring me back then" Sakura turned to the redhead and gave her a gentle smile. She carefully grabbed Karin's hand and intertwined their fingers together.

"No need to thank me. That's what friends do" Sakura reassured Karin once again and gently squeezed the redhead's hand.

When they arrived at Sakura's house, the kunoichi would look at magazines searching for a small house they could share.
It would only take a week or two before they moved into a small house near the Konoha hospital. They were both busy kunoichi's so they didn't have much time to spend with each other except for weekends but then it's a few times as well as Sakura was usually invited to go out with her friends.