Chapter 4

Ever since that night, both of them started to sleep in the same bed and even preferred it. They usually end up sleeping in Sakura's bed as it was bigger. Sadly both of them have not been able to confront each other about the kiss. Well almost kiss.
Karin almost wanted to just brush it off. It's not that she doesn't want to acknowledge it and it's rather fear holding her back than anything.
Sakura however was a mess in her mind. She was the one who tried to lean in for a kiss after all. She wasn't sure why she did it in the first place, it just felt right to her. Almost like a natural reflex. It becomes even more messier as Sakura was still not super sure how her feelings are about Karin, she just knows she wants to be by Karin's side no matter what.

Both kunoichi had decided to go shopping for a dress together for Naruto's and Hinata's wedding. Currently they were in one of the changing rooms while Sakura was deciding on what dress she wanted. The changing room was relatively big so they both could be in there hence why the pink haired woman dragged Karin with her.

"Do you think I would look pretty in this? Or is it too boring?" Sakura would look at herself in the mirror, spinning around to see the whole outfit. It was a simple pink dress with not much details except for slightly puffy shoulders.
Karin would roll her eyes as they already have spent a lot of time trying on clothes for Sakura and it was getting tiring for the Uzumaki.

"You know. You should look good for YOU. You said before that the one you're wearing now is the one you felt most pretty in. Screw what others think. Just wear what makes you feel like the one" She argues, uncrossing her legs and leaning a forward with her posture.

"O-oh" Sakura looks at herself in the mirror again before continuing; "I think I will take this dress after all. Thank you for comforting me, Karin" she faces the redhead and gives a warm smile which only makes the Uzumaki look away with reddish cheeks.

The two would later return home and rest before they had to go out again, last night to hang out with Hinata as a single lady.
After Sakura and Karin were done preparing themselves for the night they met up with each other again in the hallway and Sakura was almost ready to fall on the floor after she saw Karin's outfit. It was a simple plain purple dress that covered her arms and neck and the "skirt" area ended right above her knees. The dress hugged Karin's shape really well and on top of that, The Uzumaki had put on a popping red lipstick matching her red hair. The Haruno stood there stunned by her friend's beauty which Karin noticed and a smirk grew on her lips.

"Are you ready?" Sakura snapped out of the trance, noticing the sly smirk her friend did and it made her blush for once.

"Y-yeah let's go!"

When they arrived and met up with the rest of the kunoichi, the group would teasingly cheer as the pink and red duo was the last to arrive.

"Hey there is the power couple!"

"Shut up Ino!" The childhood friends started to tease each other as usual and Karin usually retorts to such a jokes but this time she didn't and luckily Sakura didn't take note of this as she was busy messing with Ino.

Hinata wished the night to not be over exaggerated and was very much happy to spend time with the girls at her favorite restaurant/bar. It was located close to a pretty big pond even having a little pier where people could sit near the pond and relax.

The girls would eat a nice dinner before getting into the drinking in which Ino and Sakura as usual got competitive about it. However both Ino and Hinata noticed how Sakura was drinking a bit more than usual. They both guessed that Sakura was going through something so they decided to distract her.

"Sakura? Can we talk in private?" The shy kunoichi gently grabs the pink haired woman's hand and leads her to the small pier to sit down.

"Is everything alright Hinata?" Despite being tipsy, Sakura still prioritized Hinata's well being like she has always done since the Hyuga almost got killed in the Akatsuki incident.

"I'm worried about you... you've drunk more than usual. Is there something on your mind?" Sakura was taken aback but then sadly frowned in defeat.

"I... yeah. Something has been bothering me" she looks off towards the pond and the night sky. The black haired woman would gently grab Sakura's hand to reassure that she would be there for her.

"I know that there is something special between me and Karin. I guess I haven't understood what those feelings are exactly. I just know that I want to be there for her no matter what. I want to take care of her" The pink haired woman tries to explain as well as possible and Hinata nods understandingly.

"You know... those are the exact same feelings I feel about Naruto..." A small answer but it was an answer that really pinpointed all of Sakura's own thoughts. After hearing that, everything made sense for Sakura.

"You know what... I think I am in love with Karin" The Hyūga smiles and wraps her arms around Sakura for a bear hug, being super proud that her best friend was not only open but also came to terms with her feelings.

"A-are you going to confess to her?" Hinata asks curiously and the Haruno nods.

"Yeah. But not yet. Tonight is about you after all!" They chuckle together before returning to the rest of the girls to see that everyone was still having fun. Ino was teasing and messing around with Karin while Tenten and Temari were encouraging their shenanigans.
The nights went on till it was getting late and everyone needed to go home. The group of course escorts Hinata home to Naruto before going their own way.

As fast as the girls got back home they would get off their tight dresses and change into comfier clothes as well as washing away their makeup. It didn't take too long for them to find themselves cuddled up in bed. The pink haired woman immediately knew it felt different after she figured out her feelings about the female Uzumaki.

"I know you said that I should look good for myself but... what do you think about me?" Sakura was laying beside Karin, having her head resting on the redhead's shoulder. Karin rolled her eyes at the previous conversation re-surfing again. But the Uzumaki decides to answer honestly at least.

"I didn't get to think about your appearance the first time we met because I was on the brink of death" Karin felt her arm being tightly hugged by the pink haired woman. It was a traumatic event for both of them after all.

"But now when I've got to spend time with you and see you more, I think you're the most beautiful woman I've seen after my mother" Karin turns her head to face Sakura who was a blushing mess. The redhead turns her whole body to face her friends to hold her tightly in her arms, making Sakura's heart race.

"I don't think I would get this far without you, so thank you for everything" Karin rests her forehead against Sakura's, letting them both stare into each other's eyes. The Uzumaki wasn't aware of Sakura's feelings just yet but she could feel things were different between them from then on. Both kunoichi finally gals asleep with their body's tangled together not wanting to let go of the other person.