Chapter 24: Australia Adventures

Hi guys! This took forever to plan out and write so I hope you like it! Over 4.1K words :)

Okay so this park is inspired by Volcano Bay and Discovery cove. I am aware that they are both in Orlando, Florida, but in this fic, there is a similar thing in Australia. I have adapted a few things, but still wanted to avoid confusion and confirm that the boys are definitely in Australia. All the love x

Louis's POV

The following morning, I woke up to the familiar soft pressure on my lips and the sense of a body hovering over me. I groaned, trying to roll onto my side, but I suddenly became aware of the great oaf that sat on my hips. Harry giggled as he kissed my face, slobbery lips all over my skin, until I clasped both of my hands on his cheeks and pushed my tongue into his mouth. He seemed happy about that response as he hummed and relaxed, kissing me back lazily.

I finally managed to pull away from him after he chased the sensation of my lips on his multiple times before he sighed and nestled into my neck, his body slightly too far up on my chest cavity. "H-Harry," I gasped, and he tilted his chin up to look at me in confusion. "C-can't breathe!"

He immediately clambered off my chest, muttering a string of apologies, before I took a few deep breaths and smiled warmly. He frowned to himself, rolling over and walked out of the bedroom without a word. I quickly threw on some pyjamas to follow him into the kitchen, only to find it clean and empty. Worried, I span around frantically before a soft wave of air wafted over my ankles.

The balcony door was open as I cautiously slid myself outside. Harry was leaning against the railing with his head in his hands as I approached him and wrapped my small arms around his tummy. "I'm sorry." He apologised yet again.

"It's okay, love. What's wrong?"

"I fuck everything up, Lou. I ruin the time we spend alone."

"Hey, Harry, look at me. Where is this coming from? You know how much I love you and how much I would do for you. I love the time we spend together. You never fuck anything up, love."

He sighed and I pulled him into my lap as I sat on one of the rocking chairs. "Then why didn't you want me cuddling you?"

I raised an eyebrow in surprise. "What makes you think I didn't want cuddles? I'm cuddling you right now, love." I wrapped my arms in a tighter embrace just to prove my point.

"Well, you said you couldn't breathe just to get me off you, so I assumed you didn't want me there."

And then it hit me, the same way it did when I fell asleep all those years ago: slowly, and then all at once. "Harry..." I breathed. I could feel my eyes begin to water and he wiped them away with his thumb. "I need to tell you something." He nodded and I shook my head. "Not here. Let's go inside where it's cooler."

He slid off my lap and offered me a hand up, tucking me under his arm as we made our way inside. He sat first, patting his lap to invite me on top, before wrapping his arms around my waist. I lent my head comfortably against his chest before I explained.

"When I was six, I was playing with a friend at school. We were running around, and I got really out of breath. I stopped, feeling my lungs tighten, and I really couldn't breathe. No matter how much I told myself how to, I couldn't. I was so scared at such a young age but I slowly ran out of air before falling on the floor unconscious."

Harry rubbed my back soothingly as I carried on. "My friend ran for an adult and they took me to the hospital. Turns out I had a default in my left lung. I can't remember what it's called, but my brain basically doesn't know how to control it. It gets caused by two things, one physical and one psychological. The physical is when I exercise too strenuously, and the other is when I feel as though I can't breathe, even when I can, and my brain shuts down. That's why I never had the courage to learn to swim. The water felt too restricting and my brain psychologically couldn't do it."