I did the same and opened my eyes, I looked back at Sasori, who has now returned too.

"Danna so we are going to the hidden Sand, hm?" I asking, confirming our location. "The one-tailed beast is Gaara, the Kazekage" he stated briefly, looking back at me. "Kazekage...though opponents.." I said placing my finger on my chin, acting conflicted. "Maybe you should leave this one to me Danna, you just watch and relax..." I said as I stood up and dusted off some dust off my Akatsuki robe, before walking a few steps.

"Say, Danna, so we are practically visiting your hometown, hm?"

"I don't want to talk about it Deidara" he shot me a death glare, before walking forward. This caused me to smile back at him before continuing on "You can admit it, you are pretty happy you're partners with me" I said rather cheerfully. Sasori looked back at me and said nothing, showing that he's ignoring my statement. "Imagine getting partnered with someone quiet, I don't think its your cup of tea Dann-"

"Hurry up before I kill you, I hate waiting for people" he stated briefly, still walking forward. I sighed and chuckled, this guy really has some temper, but I guess I'll annoy him even more along the way, it would be nice to pick up a fight with him.

"Sasori No Danna...come on, don't be like that"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We went along with the mission and retrieved Gaara, bringing him back to the hideout.

"Now, let's begin" Pain stated, while the Gedo Statue was summoned. "Zetsu, watch the area outside, use your longest range" He added, Zetsu nodded and proceeded with what he was told to do. The process took 3 days and 3 nights, after every process finishes, all of us will sigh in relief as we can finally move.

"Before you all go..." Pain's voice echoed through the cave, "I want you to meet our potential replacement member" he said before another figure appeared out from the darkness on top of the Gedo statue.

The figure stood tall. He had a black tight shirt on, pants and a dark purple waistband. He was wearing gloves and he had sharp pointy black hair. The most distinguishing thing about him? his orange mask that is only open on his right eye, the pattern of the mask swirls inwards his exposed eye, which could barely be seen as if it's only a hole.

"This is Tobi..." Pain said, looking at everyone. He looked back at Tobi, signalling him to speak up and introduce himself.

"HI I'M TOBI"

His voice, high pitched and childish, caught us all by surprise. His right hand raised, waving excitedly at all of us. What the fuck is this guy's problem? Where did they find this child-like man? Has the Akatsuki really fallen this bad? We haven't even continued on with the other tailed beasts.

He looked around at all of us, somehow he rested his eyes on me a little longer and I noticed. I glared back, what the hell does this weirdo want. It's fucking rude to stare. It's only been a few seconds and I already want to bomb him. God, I can't see his face but I really felt his smile on me. What a creep.

"Are you serious?" Hidan said, looking back and forth between Pain and Tobi. Pain didn't say anything, he just looked back. Yes, looks like Pain is dead serious about this Tobi guy. "Your pea brain can't comprehend that he's our new member? understandable.." Kakuzu said quietly as Hidan growled at him, angey at Kakuzu's successful attempt at roasting him. The others either kept quiet or shrugged as we all looked back at Tobi, now acknowledging that this orange lollipop is really going to be part of the Akatsuki.

"Tobi, you're under probation," Pain said, briefly reminding the child-like man who is undoubtedly now very excited for the opportunity to meet the Akatsuki before his eyes. "OH I DO HOPE I GET TO JOIN PLEASE I WANT TO JOIN SO BAD," he said jumping around. Good lord this man made me disgusted, is he really that good? This is what Pain warned me about? His voice makes me want to punch him.

"They're here," Zetsu said, notifying everyone about the presence of the enemy, who is in front of our hideout already. I chuckled as I turned to look at the body of the Kazekage, who is obviously lifeless at this point.

Too bad they are too late, Gaara is obviously dead, the extraction of the tailed beast from the Jinchuriki causes certain death on its own. Everyone looked at me and Sasori since we would be the ones dealing with the enemy. We both nodded and hopped off the statue's fingers.

"Carry the body away" Sasori said as he walked in front of me. I shook my head no and dragged the Kazekage along with us, placing his body nearby the entrance. Sasori looked back, questioning my motives. I just shrugged and sat myself down on the body. I mean it's dead anyway. I don't believe in disrespecting the dead; what is there to disrespect?

Being in a dangerous organization like the Akatsuki means that death is bound to occur, it just depends on when and how.

I think this is common knowledge for anyone who decides to join the Akatsuki, everyone here knows what they have signed up for and everyone here is either suicidal or lives with the belief that they are too strong for anyone to kill them. Then again, that mentality kills too. Except for Hidan, who is immortal and can not be killed. Let's not talk about Kakuzu, he has 5 hearts. Video game style, 5 times and he's on his way to meet God. Nothing too impressive about Kakuzu except his skills.

The very first person we lost was Sasori of the Red Sand, the feared shinobi from the hidden sand village. There's no knowing who will die next. Mourning is allowed but the Akatsuki and its operations must go on, to be realistic with you we are all here nothing but just people working together, occasionally fighting and that's all.

We aren't like a family, so when we lose a member the pain isn't the same as losing a comrade, unless it's a partner who you spend a lot of time with, which, being knowledgeable enough, you can still never trust them fully.

That is the way of the Akatsuki.