"I-It will help you sober up." I mumble. She just nodded and surprisingly took the glass from my hand before drinking it all. She hands the glass back to me before looking back at the picture.

I sighed before putting the glass down and sitting on the couch next to her. "Why are you here?" She asks me in a quiet voice. I shrug, "Thought I should pay you a visit... Since you aren't always in the best condition and tend to do stupid things on this day." I mumble.

She doesn't say anything and we just sit in awkward silence before she decides to break it. "Um... How's... How's mom?" She asks me hesitantly. I gulp and look down at my feet, "She passed away in October." "Oh." She says and I see her look at me from the corner of my eyes.

Should I tell her about what dad said? She deserves to know doesn't she? But she is drunk, she won't remember if I tell her now.

"What are you thinking about?" She sighs. "What- N-Nothing." I say. "It is something. J-Jackson always had t-that... Look in his eyes when he is thinking about something." She says. "Oh.." I say.

We stay quiet for some time before I decide to say something. "I met... father a few days ago." I mumble. "What?" She says looking shocked. "Twice actually." I mumble. Her eyes widen and her jaw clenches. "He told me... well everything." I whisper. She seemed to have gone stiff after the words left my mouth. "Why did you lie to us? To everyone?" I ask as I look at her.

"What do you mean? I didn't lie." She says avoiding my gaze. "Everyone thought he was the bad person, when he was not, okay maybe he was but still you lied. You told grandma he made no effort to help us or anything while every month he sent us money! H-He still was trying even though he didn't love you!" I immediately slapped my hand to my mouth when I said that. I saw my mom's eyes snap towards me and I saw a flicker of hurt in them before that disappeared and went back to being her normal emotionless eyes.

"What do you mean?" She says her voice cold. "Nothing." I say as I get up and take a few steps back. A few bottles that were behind me knock down making a 'clank' sound that echoes through the house. "You're lying." She states through gritted teeth as she gets up. I walk back even more, almost falling down because of one the bottles.

"Well you lied too." I mumble. "Stop! Stop, I am tired of this. Tired of being lonely. Tired of waking up every morning hoping he would come back and tell me that he loves me." She whispers.

I don't know what came over me but I told her, I told her the truth, the truth she deserves to know. "He never loved you. He thought he did but he didn't. He saw... Leslie in you. It was always Leslie for him. It was never you." I whisper.

I see her body stiffen again before she looks at me with determination in her eyes. "You're lying! You bitch your lying! You are... manipulating me. I know he loves me. H-He told me he would love me no matter what!" She says confidently but I know a small part of her is trying to convince herself too.

"He told me. He told me himself. You can't just die in your sorrows and wait for someone who isn't worth it! He isn't worth all this. He has his family. He is happy. We can't take that away from him. You can't force someone to love! You have to move on. It's been 18 years. 18 goddamn years since he left yet you still think he is coming back. Newsflash: He is in love with some other women and has a happy family. A family I wish I had." I say.

"Get out! Get out of my house and don't you ever come back. You say whatever you want to and I am not believing you. Get the fuck out of my house." She says as I see tears gather in her eyes as she points to the front door. I know a part of her believed me and knows it true. And I feel guilty for telling her the truth, but she needed to know this. She needed to know how he wasnt worth all the time she wasted on him.