stupid💙🤞🏾: wanna go to the diner place I was telling you bout
: im broke friend

As she went to put the phone back in her hoodie pocket, he started to call her. She already knew he might.

"Yes, sir?" she answered, securing her headphones in her ears.

"Do you wanna go or not?" he appeared in the camera, starting to pull a shirt over his head. She saw his tattoos peeking from the top, but she quickly caught herself before she started staring. "If you wanna go, you'on gotta worry about paying you know this," he stressed.

She sighed silently. "Who's going, Khi?" she wondered.

"Me, Trae, Ethan, this other junior nigga from the team and—"

"So you was just gon bring me to a gathering of niggas? That's what this is?" she raised her eyebrows.

"No!" he laughed. "Amina and her friend coming,"

"So a gathering of niggas and the girl you fuckin' on? Mekhi I don't know them people," she explained. "Jeli is busy, Amber is still in cheer, and Aja is—well she's having a bad day. I don't wanna be surrounded by people I don't know," she said.

"We just been busy all week for like two weeks, ain't seen each other much," he shrugged.

"That's true, but you know I get uncomfortable," she pointed out. "I'd be glad to do something with you over the weekend, though," she offered. "Whatever you wanna do," she smiled widely, seeing as he looked kind of disappointed.

"Whatever?" he repeated and she nodded. "Okay, deal. I'a see you Saturday then, and I'm bringing you food back," he pointed and she laughed.

"Okay, Khi. Thank you, I'll see you," she waved, about to hang up.

"Aht! Love you," he cheesed.

"Love you too, softie," she giggled before ending the call. She sighed in relief and turned her music back up, quickening her pace back to the dorm.

As true as all of that was—she really did dislike being in groups where she only knew one or two people, she'd rather not be around while Amina flirted with Khi unashamedly. It's not like she couldn't control herself or the twinge of jealousy she tended to feel, she just hated seeing it sometimes and especially with someone as pretty as Amina Gaines. Made her feel like her already low chances took a nosedive to the pits of hell.

She wasn't the most insecure girl in the world, but she wasn't the most confident either, she just floated in the middle, having her doubts now and then, but when the guy she had such strong feelings for always tended to have Ms. Congeniality on his arm she began to float a little to the negative side.

Shaking her head to rid herself of the negativity that could follow, she checked blackboard to see what studying she could get done tonight, and what assignments were due in the next few days so she could get a jump on them all.