"Ahahaha! What say we both go home then? I've done what I wished to do anyway."
"Hm? What did you 'wish to do'?"

"That's my secret. Until next time, Crowley." Ferid leaps away from the scene towards the vampire city, leaving Crowley, and going to a certain blonde vampire.

Mika watches in anger as Shinoa squad checks on (Y/n) and Yuu. Ferid places a hand on his shoulder as Mika glares at him to let go.

"Come. It's time to retreat." Ferid says.
"Let go of me! I still... I still have to rescue Yuu and (N/n)!"

"Oh, I completely understand, but right now, you can't. Look. See how that human greed is draped over them like an ugly mantle?"

Ferid points towards Shinoa as she holds Yuu close while Yoichi carries (Y/n) on his back. Shinoa turns to face Mika as he glares back.

"Dammit...! Damn those... filthy humans!!"
"Ahaha! Well? Are you starting hate humanity now?"

"Yes. I do hate humanity. But I hate vampires, too."

"Ooh, whatever shall I do? I can hardly wait to find out. But for now, let's go home." Ferid says, holding Mika's arm tighter as if to drag him away, but Mika shouts at to him to let go.

Ferid, in response, grabs Mika's throat,
"That will be quite enough of that. You've had your fun for today. Now shut your mouth like a good boy."

The two take off and leave the scene as Mika's last sight is Yuu and (Y/n) being cradled by their squad.

Guren watches as the two leave,
"Well. That went about how we expected."

"Let none escape! Kill every vampire in Shinjuku!" Kureto orders.

"Lt. Colonel Guren? Lt. Colonel Guren. I'd like... to ask you a question later." Shinoa requests. They stare each down before Guren gets up and replies.

"I'm not interested in answering. Don't bother coming by."
"Lt. Colonel!"

"Forget about him! How's Yuu and (N/n) doing?!" Mitsuba says.

"They... They look like they need healing." Yoichi panics, holding onto (Y/n) tightly.

"Yes... They will definitely require healing. Let's hurry back to Shinjuku." Shinoa says as she moves (Y/n)'s hair behind her ear and watches and blood drips down her forehead.

"I'll carry Yuu! Yoichi, carry (N/n)!" Kimizuki puts Yuu over his back.

"E-eh?! W-w-"
"Hurry! Let's go!"

Yoichi picks up (Y/n) in bridal style, holding her close as if she were fragile glass.

They run off towards the gate to get Yuu and (Y/n) treated in time.

Five days later/JIDA's Shinjuku Barracks, Underground

Shinoa walks down a flight of stairs and through several halls until finally reaching a barred gate with two guards protecting the secrets behind them.

"Halt. This area is off limits." One guard says.
"I am sure you recognise this uniform... But just in case, I am a soldier of the Japanese Imperial Demon Army... and a member of a Vampire Extermination Unit." Shinoa introduces herself, but it's still not enough.

"I'm afraid even vampire extermination units cannot enter. No officer under the rank of Major is permitted."
"May I ask what kind of place is beyond here?"

"It's a lab for experimenting on our guinea pigs." The other guard answers, shocking the first guard.

"Hey!!"
"C'mon, it doesn't matter. It's common knowledge in Shinjuku."