~ n i n e t e e n ~

There's something that y/n isn't telling me but I decide not to bother her about it in the Hospital Wing and instead have a chat with her later.

"Well it's pretty late so shall we go to sleep?" I ask. The three third years and y/n all nod.

I hold my hand out for her to take and she happily obliges.

"Good night you three," she says, giving a wave to the trio and we left the Hospital Wing hand in hand.

When we reach the common room, we collapse on the couch. Nobody else is there.

I sit on the very right most seat on the couch and y/n lays her head in my lap as I stroke her hair.

"I know you're wondering what happened and I can't tell you," she says, sighing deeply and looking into the fireplace.

"Ok... well I'm here when you are ready," I say, entangling my fingers with hers.

"I want to tell you I just-" she looks up at me and stops abruptly. "Stop doing that."

"Doing what?" I ask.

"Being way too cute that I can't resist telling you," she says, dead serious, ruffling my curly taffy hair.

I smile slightly and bend down to give her a quick kiss.

"I'm required by law technically not to say it... but Hermione and Harry probably told Ron... ah screw it, what do you want to know?" she gives in.

"Everything. Start from the beginning."

She tells me everything from the very beginning... how she had skipped her evening class, gone into the forest, woken up in the Hospital Wing, went back in time with the trio, and eventually produced a patronus.

"What shape does your patronus take?" I ask when she finishes.

"y/p/a," she says.

"Can you teach me now?" I smile.

"Ceddy, it's like 2am or something," she complains.

"Please?"

"Fine," she gets off of my lap and stands up, facing the couches. I take out my wand and follow suit.

"First, the wand movement is like this," she teaches. She moves her wand in a spiral like shape. I give it a try.

"Yeah good," she says. "Next the incantation is expecto patronum."

"Alright. Expecto patronum?" I try.

"Yes but be sure of yourself Ced! It's not going to work if you're unsure of yourself," she grabs my hand to give me confidence.

"Right sorry. Of course, you're right.
Expecto Patronum!"

"Good now the last part is to focus on your happiest memory."

"Hmm... there are a lot," I ponder.

"Which ones are you thinking of?" she asks.

"The time I asked you to be my girlfriend, the time you said yes, or the time we kissed," I admit.

"I... just thought of every moment with you," she smiles that smile. She's right. Of course. The thing that makes me happiest is her. My favorite moment is every moment with her! Suddenly I get a surge of confidence and I put all three together.

A badger erupts from the end of my wand.

"Expecto Patronum," she says too. A y/p/a flies out and meets my badger.

Suddenly, something changes. My badger was changing. It was morphing into something else. Suddenly, I was looking at two y/p/a!

"What?" I ask, turn asking for an explanation.

"Cedric!" she exclaims.

"What?!"

"CEDRIC!" she says again.

"What is it, love?"

"Omg wait here!" she turns around and happily sprints up to the girl's dormitory. With my confusion, my patronus evaporates and so does y/n's.

She runs back into the common room holding her charms textbook.

"Look here!" She shows me the page.

"Patronus' are unique to each caster. However, on rare occasions they can be altered. Most commonly, a patronus may change form when the caster feels very strong love for another. On these occasions, their patronus will morph to match the form of the one they love," I say, blushing as I realize what my patronus change meant.

She throws the book on the cough and runs into my arms. She buries her face in my neck.

"I love you," I say. "But I think you know that now."

She pulls away and looks at me and I know exactly what she's thinking.

"Expecto patronum."

Our y/p/a's fly around us majestically as our lips connect.

"I love you too. Forever and always."

a/n: ahhh so that's the end! Thank you so much for reading! The past few months writing and updating for my few readers has actually been really amazing! Thank you to everyone who added this to a reading list or voted on every chapter! If you've made it here, I want to say thank you so much for reading this book. It means so much! Please consider voting/commenting and maybe sharing if you'd like! You can also comment on some more fanfiction ideas that I will try writing for you guys! Thank you so much! <3 Chloe