~ s i x t e e n ~

She's been knocked out cold.

I look at the unconscious form of my girlfriend. She had been put into this state after bravely deciding to check out the forest. She had mentioned there was something wrong about the day. She was stressed even though we had finished our OWLs. She had given so many suspicions. But I just didn't listen. Now this has happened.

Suddenly she wakes up.

"y/n! You're alright!" I kiss her cheek. She sits up.

"Whoa, settle down. You just woke up."

"I feel fine," she insists. "But this day does not."

"Yeah... you've mentioned that before."

"Why am I here?"

"You were found unconscious in the Forbidden forest..." I try explaining.

"What was I trying to do?" she asks.

"You mean you don't remember?"

She shakes her head.

"You had said something about suspicions of today being a bad day."

"I have to go," she says, trying to get up.

"Hold on!" I hold her back. "You just woke up!"

"Ceddy," she grabs my face and pulls it close to hers. "I know what I'm doing. Please trust me. Let me go. I know what to do."

At that moment, Dumbledore came running into the Hospital Wing. I watch the interaction between Harry, Ron, and Hermione happen before Dumbledore tells Hermione, "Three turns should do it."

He's about to leave when he says, "And take Ms. Freeman with you."

My girlfriend smiles at me, kisses me, and before I can say anything, she's on her feet. Hermione wraps the Time Turner around her, Harry, and herself. Hermione turns the dial three times and she's gone.

Off went my brave girlfriend. Gone before I could even say goodbye.

This was becoming too much of a trend.

a/n: haiii! This is the second update I promised. I hope you guys are having a good day! We're nearing the end of this fanfiction sadly but a lot is going to happen in the last few chapters so stay put :) See you in two days but until then, please consider voting/commenting! <3 Chloe