"Let's get out of here already."

Börja om från början

I don't reply to Patton, since I want to save my breath both running and dragging this scared kid behind me, but he acknowleges that I've heard him and continues.

"Don't we- dont we kinda need to go back and help all the people who are passed out? Aren't they gonna die?"

I stop moving for a moment, and Ezran begins to catch their breath while I do so.
"Pat, I'm sorry but I can guarentee you that you are the only person here that gives a shit about those doctor's lives. Only you, Lo, Roman and Remus have not properly stayed at a lab full-time, so I get it might be harder to understand what they put us through,"

"But we don't care if they die. I think most of us would celebrate them all rotting in hell."

The perky boy looks down to the floor. "But, we can't just- leave them, can we?"
It almost pains me that he looks genuinely upset.

"Even if we wanted to, Pat, we can't. It would put all of these kids at danger if there were any people left alive that knew what we were doing and how the fire started. Now, we really need to carry on, yknow, running for out lives."

Patton looks back at the fire and Ezran nods fearfully. "..Okay, I guess."

And now we run.

-------

Logan's POV:

My right hand is holding the left hand of this one six-year-old girl who said she was too scared to run alone. I don't know where Virgil and Patton are, but they're responsible enough that I'm not worried. Patton's gotten us out of much more dangerous situations in the past.

Then I run past the door that we locked my dad in.
He's gonna die if I leave him.

But I want that, don't I?

If I'm being honest with myself, I don't even know.
"Hey, Lo, you coming?!" Roman yells from infront of me. "We kinda might die if you don't."

Right. I just. I feel weird.

I take a step forward but turn back around and sigh.

Right, then. No looking back, I guess.
As quickly as I can, I use the keycard that I've aquired to open the door, where I see my father leaning against the wall and looking angry.

Then, he sees me and his eyes go wide.
"LOGAN! What the fuck is going on?!"

I don't have time for this bullshit, so I grab his shirt collar and pull his face close to mine quickly.
"Do you value your life?" I ask calmly, looking into his eyes.

"What? Stop being ridiculous and let me past-"

"I asked you a question."

He slightly nudges past me and looks out the door of the small room, seeing the flames and red hot anger of the fire just down the corridor.

"Oh my fucking God."

"Do you value your life? Or do you want to die like you deserve?" I make sure not to let my voice falter, even though I'd have to admit I'm a little scared of the life-threatening fire at the end of the corridor.

"Yes. Yes, please Logan. I'm sorry."

That's all I need.

I roughly pull him out of the box-room and raise my voice. "I thought so. And so, if you value your life then you agree that you have no idea how this happened and it's a horrific tradgedy that this lab burned to the ground today?"

He nods fearfully, and I push him back, letting my grip on his collar go and running off to catch up with Roman, Leaving him standing alone in the doorframe of the room.