Chapter 59

THIS CHAPTER MAY CONTAIN CONTENT THAT IS TRIGGERING FOR SOME: Read with caution...

James watched as Elsie slipped through the bathroom door, a goofy smile on his face while doing so. He couldn't believe how much has changed over the course of one single year. A year ago he was still pining after Lily, oblivious to how his best friend felt about him. A year ago he never would have even imagined the desire burning through him whenever he simply came in contact with Elsie. And as he watched his sun walk through that door, he couldn't help but think that she was it for him. James was completely hers, there was no one else he would ever want to be with.  Those crystal blue eyes and contagious smile took captive of his heart. James belonged to Elsie. She could break me into a million pieces and I'd still admire how beautiful she is while doing so...

His precious thoughts were suddenly halted when he heard a pair of feet making their way towards him, coming from the right side of the corridor. James turned around to face whoever was wandering about after curfew, a scowl forming on his face at the boy who appeared.

"What do you want, Avery?" James spat while taking a step towards the boy who had just reached him and holding his wand firm in his grip, his eyes narrowing at the Slytherin.

Avery stalled for a second, making James take another threatening step towards him. But, what the spectacled boy didn't know was that as he took another step to his right, a different Slytherin boy was quietly slipping into the bathroom door behind him.

"I could ask you the same thing," Avery snarled as James back him into the wall opposite the one with the bathroom, "You're the one trapping me onto a wall."

James narrowed his eyes at the boy and took yet another step towards him, hatred running through his veins as he remembered what he and Mulciber did to Elsie the last time they played Slytherin at Quidditch.

"Don't think I forgot the little stunt you pulled last game," James growled at Avery while bringing his face close to his, his eyes filled with anger, "I swear on Merlin's grave if you or that other sod even go near her tomorrow you'll regret it."

Avery shot him a twisted and evil crooked smile while simply locking eyes with James and cackling, "Nothing gets past you."

The two boys stayed in an eye-lock position for a few minutes, glaring at each other as two opponents would. The only difference in their expressions was that one of them had a slight smirk playing at their lips, knowing that they successfully did what they needed to do. Avery had successfully distracted James.

"Why are you even strolling the castle alone right now? A bit dodgy, don't you think?" The spectacled boy broke the silence sassily, still standing threateningly close to the boy he had trapped against the wall.

That devilish crooked smile once again appeared on Avery's face as he looked James dead in the eyes and sneered, "Who said I was alone?"

James' breath became stuck in the back of his throat and fear overwhelmed his entire body as one singular thought ran through his head.

Elsie.

When Elsie heard someone enter the bathroom after her, she turned around to see who walked in, her face paling at the boy standing before her.

A devilish smirk crept onto his face as he magically locked the door behind him, before whispering one last word. One word that made Elsie's heart sink to her stomach.