«12 - Dangerous Drugs»

Start from the beginning

She starts laughing as she teases Yuu and I,
"Completely useless. As helpful as a turd laying forgotten on the ground... Ahaha!"
"I get the point!" Yuu yells.

"Anyway, all joking aside. We don't have time to mess around. So, what's the training. I'll do whatever if it means I get to protect my family." I say.

"It isn't much, really. This is a fairly typical situation. What you'll do is quite simple. Take one of these." Shinoa pulls out two containers with pills inside.

"Pills? What do they do?"
"This is presently the most advanced training method available... drugging up."

"That's a lovely way of putting it." I say as Shinoa gives me the container.

"These tablets will increase your synchronisation rate with your demons... allowing you to draw upon their true power more easily." Shinoa smiles.

"So I'll be able to fight Nobles with that?" Yuu asks.
"Why do you always have murder in your mind?" I sigh.

"Ahaha! Well... you won't die instantly at least. In theory... one tablet increase your power to 150%. Two will push it to 180%."

"Really?! Man, if I took ten of those things...!!"
"Ahaha! You'd be able to take on a God."

There's definitely a drawback to this. No way can someone be this overpowered... Unless they can beat Goku.

"However, after the third tablet, all of your internal organs would rupture." We all stop running from the shocking effect.

There it is. I didn't think it'd be that bad, though...

"What?" Yuu mutters.
"Assuming, of course, the damage from the second tablet hadn't already sent you into shock. The most anyone usually takes is one."

"So this is a death pill...?" I swear drop.
"Yes, not only that, the tablet's effects last only 15 minutes. Once it wears off you are forced out of sync with your demon... Rendering you utterly defenceless. That is where this comes in." Shinoa explains, pulling out... a pocket watch.

"What is that... a tracker?" I joke.
"Ahaha! It's an alarm. Click the button at the top and it will ring 13 minutes later. When you hear it, run." Shinoa laughs.

"Oh, I see. After 13 minutes, you'd have two minutes left before you become a normal human. Running from vampires is quite hard..." I realise.

"Uh, I've got a question." Yuu hesitates.
"Yes?"

"You didn't give us these when we fought that noble. Why not? If we had these then-"

"You still could not have won. It takes ten seconds for the supplements to take effect. In those ten seconds... he would have killed us all." Shinoa explains as a shiver runs down my spine.

"Right, okay."
"Shinoa, I'd like to ask you a question as well."
"My, aren't we inquisitive today."

"These pills... are they what you were talking about when you talked about using the 'true power' of our cursed gear. Will taking one of these... let me use Hikari's abilities to the best of both our abilities...?"

"No. These are a temporary measure. Getting the best out of your cursed gear requires copious study and training. The drugs are meant to make up for that which even the most devoted training can't provide. But look at the world around us. We simply don't have the time for that. War has already begun."

That is true... Training is arguably the best way to get stronger, but the con is that it takes time. Drugs really are best to speed up the process. You can even feel how it feels to be at maximum power, your goal.