Imagine #299

Ellington Imagine

"Are you going to the dance in a few weeks? Do you have a date?" Those are the two questions you've been asked so many times its getting annoying. And the answer to those questions: Yes I mean who isn't going? And No, I'll just hang out with my friends. Besides the dance, valentines day is in a couple days. The school is selling flowers for those who want to buy flowers for their loved ones. "I don't want to be here right now!" you say to one in particular and you bang your foot against your locker since it wouldn't open. Maybe two times a charm? You plug in your combo into your lock and pull it open. You grab the books you need and the put away the books you don't need and head to your next class. Today the flowers are going to passed out to those who have received one. You doubt you'll get one but there's still some hope in you. You take your seat beside your friend, Ellington. "Hey," he greets you. You smile in return. "So you going to the dance?" he asks. You mentally face palm. "Yeah," you say. "You have a date?" he also asked and you mentally pound your head against your desk multiple times. "Um-" you get cut off by someone saying your name. You raise your hand and a man comes over to you and hands you a rose. You look at your rose in shock. "There's a note," Ell tells you and pulls it out from the thorns and hands it to you. "Do you want to go to the dance with me," you read aloud. "No one signed it," you say the same time Ell asks, "So do you?" You give Ellington a "can you repeat what you just said" face. "I said, do you want to go to the dance with me?" You're confused. "Wait, you bought me this rose?" He nods. "Now will you please answer my question?" he begs. "Yes. I'll go to the dance with you!"