Douchebag With a Cigarette

En başından başla

"May I ask why?" Naomasa asked, with the calmest tone he could muster.

"There are more and more important cases piling up that I need you to start working on. Woof," Tsuragame replied.

"But, they're multiple signs of physical abuse and neglect all around the house! Inko Midoriya could be abusing her kid this second!" Detective Tsukauchi exclaimed, his fists clenched on his knees.

"... I'm not saying this case stays at the bottom of your priorities forever. Woof. Just untill you fall upon a solid lead. Woof," the Chief continued.

"How do I find a solid lead if I'm not able to work on the case in the first place?" Naomasa asked, confusion seeping into his voice.

"Thats not my problem Detective," Kenji responded with a stern tone.
Naomasa replied with a defeated sigh, bowing to his superior before walking out of the chief's office.

Throughout the six months Izuku trained, he was summoned fifty-two times to the deceased to judge their actions while they were still alive. The gruesome scenes Izuku was transported to still linger in his mind and surface from time to time. *

-Present Time-

Izuku sits up in his makeshift bed, groggily. Eyes squinted, Izuku glances towards the right side of the room. He lays eyes on a human like silhouette rummaging through his bookcase.

Flinging his blanket off, Midoriya rushes towards the unknown figure, scythe materializing in his hand.
The cloaked figure sidesteps Izuku, hands raised in surrender.
Izuku goes in for another strike just as the other lowers their hood to reveal dark grey hair and hazelnut eyes.

"Reaper?" Izuku questions, pausing his movement inches away from their throat.

"Yo, Midoriya I see you're awake..." they say, gently pushing the gleaming blade away.

"What are you doing here?" Izuku asks, relaxing his posture.

"I just wanted to see how you're doing!... It's been a few months since I've checked in," the Grim Reaper responds, reaching their arms out.
Reaper looks around.

"... I can see you're doing... well," they comment, eyeing the cracking walls.

"I am, in fact! I haven't had to stitch up a wound in months! Thank you very much," Izuku exclaims, de- summoning his glorious scythe.
The Reaper shrugs in response.

"How's the killing going?" they ask, a small smile on their face.

"What do you mean?" Midoriya questions, taking a swig of water out of a plastic bottle.

"How's your job as a reaper going?" Reaper clarifies.

"I think I'm doing fine... I wish I was getting paid though," Midoriya responds, setting the plastic water bottle down.

"Can't relate," Reaper says, flipping imaginary hair over their shoulder.

"Wow," Izuku deadpans.
The Reaper grabs a random notebook off Izuku's bookcase.

"Wait, you're getting paid?" Izuku looks up, wide eyed.

"Oh no, I just don't need money to survive, after all I don't need food, water, or sleep," the Reaper explains.