➪9. 𝙇𝙄𝙁𝙀 𝙄𝙎 𝙉𝙊𝙏 𝘿𝘼𝙄𝙅𝙊𝙐𝘽𝙐

—— A wave of adrenaline ran through Miya's veins

—— A wave of adrenaline ran through Miya's veins. The only thing running through his mind was the way y/n was staring at him before the race.

"Why was she staring at me like that? And more importantly, why was I staring back at her like that?" He thought.

Despite the fact that Miya Chinen was in the middle of a race, his thoughts wandered off somewhere else completely.

"Snap out of it, now's not the time!" Miya shook his head.

He looked ahead, and saw a sharp turn. Miya knew the perfect trick to maneuver around the corner.

"With this, Langa won't be able to catch up! He's only slightly behind me, so I need to avoid any opportunity for him to slip by!" He thought.

Miya jumped up and flipped his board to the edge. Using the rim and wheels of his board, he was able to use this trick around the curb of this sharp turn.

"I'd like to see your attempt of beating that!" Miya exclaimed mockingly.

And yet, deep down, Miya knew that Langa could probably find a way to get around the corner. Langa was the type to think outside of the box, sharing a similarity to y/n. They were both quick thinkers and could pull off something no one would expect.

Langa did just that. He gained speed, and jumped on a tree branch, and bounced him off, giving him a boost. The rookie had did something unexpected again.

"Tsk." Miya spat out. He leaned forward and focused all of his body weight on to the board to accelerate further.

Up ahead was the entrance to the abandoned factory. Miya took note of this to block off the broken beam Langa had used when he skated against Shadow.

The cat boy was slightly ahead, he was basically blocking every possible path to get to the finish line before him.

"There is no way he can pass me now, not unless he uses the railings, which is practically falling apart-"

Miya's trails of thoughts were broken when Langa had did exactly what he thought he wouldn't do.

The Canadian boy was doing a rail slide on the rusty railing, his board inching closer to the end. Just as everyone though he was going to fall off, Langa did a full 180 spin and continued sliding down the other half of the railing with ease.

"But how?! Normal skateboards don't rotate like that!" Miya was shocked.

"The winner is SNOW!!" Someone called out.

Langa had beat Miya by an inch. Langa was so close to losing, but he still won anyways. Miya didn't understand how someone like him was able to think that way.

"Langa, you're so awesome! My Reki-L25 pulled this off so nicely!" Reki called out as he ran up to Langa, squeezing him tightly within his arms.

"But I was the one skating..." Langa pointed out.