➪1. 𝙏𝙀𝘼 𝙏𝙄𝙈𝙀.

—— The rays of a golden sunshine glimmered against the tranquil crystal blue waters of Okinawa

—— The rays of a golden sunshine glimmered against the tranquil crystal blue waters of Okinawa. Living on an island has its perks, being able to go to the beach all the time, staring at the small waves as they reach the shore. It was never cold on the island, unlike New York when it would get snowy and icy during the winter.

Y/n had arrived Okinawa 2 days ago, and since then she had been getting used to her new surroundings. The view from her balcony was no longer a loud bustling city of excitement, but instead replaced with a beautiful seashore of the island. There were palm trees planted along the coast line, adding to the very chill vibe of the island.

Many would be surprised how a 13 year old girl would be able to live alone in a foreign country. The truth was, y/n was raised to be very independent since a young age. Her parents used to be able to spend a lot of time with her, but when she lost her mother to cancer at the age of 3, her father had spent more and more time at work. It was his way to cope with the loss.

Overtime, y/n learned to take care of herself, not relying on anyone. Perhaps that's why she never had friends back in New York, she was so used to being alone she never bothered to reach out to other people. This gave her the reputation of being quite unapproachable.

Even though her mother's death was almost a decade ago, her father never stopped working. He had gotten over the death of his wife a long time ago, but his passion as a businessman grew bigger. He had become a workaholic.

And so, with her father being in the house for 3 hours at most, y/n lived a lonely life with the money her father provides. Her family was quite wealthy, and many people envied the life y/n lived.

"Wow, imagine that you're the daughter of a wealthy businessman, you live in large New York City condo on the upper east district, and you're good at skating? That y/n is so lucky to have ended up like that."

"I bet she's spoiled though, I mean look at her."

"Probably a stuck-up brat who flexes money and her ONLY talent into people's faces."

If only they knew how lonely she felt. Y/n had no parental figures, and no friends. She was alone for most of her life. This was something even money couldn't purchase.

 This was something even money couldn't purchase