Chapter Thirteen

"Astrid, stop worrying, I'm sure he's fine." Heather said.

I sighed and looked at my phone. I've called Hiccup eight times today, and nothing.
"Heather, I haven't talked to him in six months! I was two months in when I told him." I said worriedly, placing my hands in on my stomach.
"Astrid, you know Hiccup, he'll be fine."
"I don't know Heather... something just doesn't...feel right."
"Astrid." She said taking my hand.

I looked at her. She smiled, but I could see the uncertainty and worry in her eyes. In the far back.
"Everything will be fine." She said firmly.

I nodded slowly. I looked at Valka and Stoick who were watching the T.V.

I opened my mouth to say something when Valka answered her phone.
"Hello? Hiccup?"

I perked up and smiled.

Valka spoke into the phone for awhile and looked at me. She opened her mouth to say something and closed, sighed and passed the phone to Stoick.

"Alright. Yes. Yes I'll call you later. Son. Hi- what? Ok, ok, ok bye." Stoick hung up.

I dropped down in my chair.
"Sorry sweetie."
"Sorry lass." Both Haddocks spoke at the same time.

I nodded and stood, going up stairs. I grabbed my phone and called Hiccup, he didn't answer.
"THIS IS BULLSHIT!" I screamed throwing my phone, it slammed into the mirror and both shattered. But I didn't care.

I sank down the door and hugged my stomach. Six months, I was two months in when I found out and told Hiccup. So I'm eight months in. As of today, nine. The baby was due in two weeks...and Hiccup wasn't due home for four more months. I closed my eyes and silently cried.

Heather's POV

"I just don't get it, if you know she's pregnant, why not talk to her?!?" I asked Hiccup.

He called me at three in the morning, I've been staying with Astrid seeing she was due any day now.
"It's just so hard being away from her knowing I won't get to know my baby for a long time."
"You know what, that's bullshit. She's due any day now and you signed up for another three years?!? Are you insane?"
"Hea-"

Suddenly an ear piercing scream ran through out the house.
"Oh shit." I muttered.
"Heather?"
"I gotta go, here comes the baby."

I hung up and ran upstairs.

(Time Skip)

I had called Stoick and Valka an hour ago. They had arrived at the hospital as we waited outside.
"Heather?" Someone asked.
I looked up.
"Astrid wants you."

They handed me a doctor's gown, a hair net, and a mask. I quickly threw everything on and followed the nurse into the room.

Astrid was groaning in pain.
"H-h-heather..."

I took her hand quickly
"It's ok, it's ok, I'm here."
"Ok Ms.Hofferson, now push!"

Stoick's POV

My phone rang as Astrid screamed.
"Hiccup?"
"Dad! Is she ok?"
"I don't know, she just started."
"Is that Hiccup?" Valka asked.

I nodded. She snatched my phone.
"Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III! Where the hell are you?!? Your girlfriend is in labor giving birth to YOUR child, and an officer calls me at nine at night saying you signed up for another three years of service?!?"
"Mo-"
"No, Hiccup I thought your father raised you better than this, seeing Mildew forced me away."
"Mo-"

Astrid suddenly screamed so loud I got dizzy. Everything went quiet, you could hear the doctors rushing around.

Heather was suddenly lead out as she tossed off the hair net and mask.

"How is she Heather?" I asked, forgetting Hiccup was on the phone.
"Is that Him?" She asked unemotionally.

I nodded. She took the phone.
"Hiccup?"

A second later, she began screaming.
"WHAT IN FUCKING THORS NAME IS WRONG WITH YOU?!? ASTRID JUST GAVE BIRTH TO A BABY AND YOUR NOT HERE? YOU HAVEN'T SPOKEN A WORD TO HER SINCE YOU LEFT! WHAT THE F-"
"Who is the closest person here to Ms.Hofferson?" A doctor asked.

Heather looked up.
"You may come in."

Heather passed me the phone and ran off.
"Mo-"
"Hiccup, you come home as soon as you can." I said hanging up on him.

(Astrid's POV)

In the next chapter 😉