Chapter 9: The Escape Game

The moment Pala was pounced on by the green Pululu, the other contestants and Detective Frank made a run for it to a train cart far away from Pala and the green Pululu, while they pounced on the other passengers on the train. Closing the door behind them, the other contestants tried to take a breather from sprinting while Sabriye used her Scanning Eye to lock the door.

Kuga looked on the other side of the locked door and muttered under his breath, "What the heck are those things?" Hearing that, Sabriye answered with a hint of sarcasm in her tone, despite the current situation, "Gee, never heard of zombies before?" The other contestants simply blinked at Sabriye.

'Zombies' was probably a new concept to them in this universe, she supposed before Kuga placed his back on the door and remarked, "Dang this is annoying," while Lonky asked Detective Frank for the handcuff keys. "Hey, sir, how about uncuffing us now?"

However, when the said detective didn't respond to his request, Sabriye then remembered something at that moment and immediately regretted not ditching Detective Frank the moment the zombie apocalypse occurred - the said detective had met the same fate as Pala and the other passengers on the other side of the lock door!

Lonky screamed in horror, alerting the other contestants of the detective's condition and made a run for it again as the zombified Detective Frank slowly but surely started following them while Pala and the other passengers broke the locked door down.

Upon arrival at the cafeteria of the train, Liu locked the door after every one of the remaining contestants entered it after him and Popo, who was handcuffed to him. After panting for breath, Liu smirked and said to them, giving them a thumbs-up, "They have these double locks, you know?" The other contestants sighed in relief at that; they were safe for then.

Feeling overwhelmed, Lonky stuttered in fear, "W-What the heck is going on?! What's happening-" Abruptly, his questions were cut off when he screamed in terror again as he stepped on something, or rather, someone, behind him, causing everyone to turn and notice him. It turned out to be an orange Pululu in a sort of hazmat suit.

Sabriye tuned out his explanation about the Red Virus and the Blue Vaccine as she began summoning a bunch of items for protection against zombie bites, while the other contestants were too engrossed in the Pululu's explanation. Once the little Pululu was done explaining what had to be done to end the apocalypse, Liu glanced at Sabriye for a second before fully facing her with a weird expression on his face, asking, "Sabriye... What are you wearing?"

The other contestants did the same thing as him and had the exact same reaction. Getting rather uncomfortable with all the stares she was getting from the other contestants, she questioned, which was rather muffled, due to the amount of gear she was wearing, "What? It's always better to be safe than sorry, you know?"

Sabriye was wearing some heavy gear for protection against the zombies - she was wearing a motorcycle helmet, a small, but strong, neck brace, a bulletproof vest, shoulder pads, elbow pads, rolls of magazines, that were found on the train, were securely wrapped around her arms and legs, a pair of boxing gloves and a pair of rubber boots.

She seemed satisfactory with the amount of protection she had at the moment, they knew. The other contestants decided not to question her choice of armour any further, getting the message that she would be too stubborn to even consider reducing the amount of gear she was wearing at the moment, despite it all being too much, in their honest opinion.

Liu then devised his plan, pointing at the map of the train within the locking device, "Guys, this is the map of the train's complete layout. We're here in the cafeteria. To find the vaccine, we need to get to the luggage cart here." Smiling smugly, he unknowingly unlocked the door that was blocking the zombified passengers.