Chapter 5: The Felines' Answers

"You said that you saw all of this coming and you were waiting for it all to happen. What did you mean?" That question caught Sabriye off guard and caused her to pause momentarily before composing herself and answered, "That... I can't really tell you that." Kuga was visibly disappointed as he narrowed his eyes at her.

However, before he could voice it out, Sabriye swiftly added, "But, I can show what I mean," pulling her phone out of her pocket and waving it from side to side for emphasis. That caused Kuga to stop narrowing his eyes at her and nod, signaling to her to show him the answers he needed from her phone.

However, before Sabriye could proceed, Kuga held up a hand to stop her, much to her confusion. Kuga didn't directly clear Sabriye's confusion at the moment, but called from across the room, "I know you're there! Show yourself!" The figure that Kuga called out to from outside Kuga's room was revealed to be none other than Miyo.

Sabriye's eyes widened as she wondered how Kuga knew that Miyo was outside of Kuga's room before realising two possible reasons, which are, one of them is that Miyo's shadow was probably visible enough to be noticed, while the other is that Kuga probably had more sensitive hearing than Sabriye.

Sabriye apparently came up with the second reason, thanks to her knowledge on Faunus, which is that they had more sensitive hearing than humans; Blake Belladonna had even proven that fact (A/N: RWBY fans would know what I mean.). Although it was only for a moment, Sabriye felt rather proud of herself for remembering that fact.

Kuga then snapped her out of her thoughts by questioning Miyo, narrowing his eyes at the representative of the Nyanya Tribe, "Were you eavesdropping on our conversation?" Miyo narrowed hers in return before responding, "So what if I was? You should know that you're not the only one who needs answers about Sabriye."

Sabriye could sense that a fight was about to break out between the two felines, when she noticed that they looked ready to pounce on each other, and immediately took action by coming in between them to prevent it. Sabriye calmly explained to reduce the tension between them, "Look, guys, I'll admit that I can be full of surprises, but I can't give you the answers you need if you fight. I'm gonna need your cooperation. Is that alright?"

That calmed the two down and reduced the tension between them as they relaxed and nodded in agreement, to which Sabriye cracked a smile at before pulling her out again to show them back-to-back episodes of what had happened so far at the championship. To say that Kuga and Miyo were surprised would've been an understatement.

Sabriye couldn't blame them for feeling as such; after all, she would feel the same if it was revealed that someone had so much information about her simply just by watching their every move behind a screen. Thinking about it that way worried Sabriye momentarily that Kuga and Miyo would think of her as a stalker of some sort.

After giving the two felines a moment to process the information, Sabriye coughed into her fist to get their attention and said, "I'm pretty sure you now know that, just by watching these episodes, we have information about you all and the future. Speaking of the future, it's best if you guys don't know what it holds." That caused Kuga and Miyo to face Sabriye with frowns on their faces.

Noticing this, Sabriye cleared their puzzlement, "If you know what the future holds, knowing you and the others, you would try to stop the inevitable and it would only cause more chaos than needed." She stood up from her seat on Kuga's bed and faced them with a serious expression.

"I've already told the others about my situation and I can only ask you to trust me. I know it's too much to ask but it's just..." She trailed off. However, Kuga and Miyo were patient enough to wait for her, which she appreciated. Sabriye took a deep breath before telling them, "I know I just said that it's best if you don't know the future but... I'm only going to tell you this and nothing else."

After glancing at each other for a second, as if they'd just had a telepathic conversation, Kuga and Miyo nodded in agreement and, again, waited patiently for Sabriye to tell them about their inevitable fate. "The entire world will be in danger. And it will come with the cost of your lives." That stupefied the two cats in the room.

"W-What?" Miyo stuttered, clearly not believing her ears; the same could be said for Kuga. Sabriye simply said, "You heard me." Their ears weren't playing tricks on them; they had clearly heard it. Snapping them out of their trance and back to reality, Sabriye said, "There's no way I can save the world on my own. I, no, we need all the help we can get."

Holding out a hand, Sabriye asked, "So, do I have your cooperation? Do we have a deal?" Kuga and Miyo looked at Sabriye's hand and back at Sabriye, who looked hopeful. With determination evident in their eyes, they shook her hand, one by one, striking the deal. Sabriye cracked a smile at that and, apparently, her smile was contagious as Kuga and Miyo smiled with her.

"I'll tell the others about this in due time. For now... this will be our little secret," Sabriye told the cats in the room nodded in agreement before all three of the contestants decided to hit the sack. Bidding each other a good night, Kuga stayed in his room, while the two females exited the room before parting ways.

Kuga and Miyo recalled their conversation earlier with Sabriye and they would have to admit: Sabriye sure was an interesting individual. She might have revealed so much about her situation but there were still many unanswered questions and she was just being vague with her answers regarding crucial information; mysteries and secrets seemed to lurk around her.

Just go with the flow, they supposed. 'Just go with the flow and our time will come... for us to 'save the world',' Kuga and Miyo pondered as they drifted off to a deep slumber, unaware of the dangers that would await them ahead.
______________________________________

A/N: Hey, guys, back with another chapter. I just thought that Kuga and Miyo deserved to know the truth about the future but, of course, Sabriye being Sabriye, she had to be vague with her answers. That's just how secretive she is. Anyways, thanks for reading this, I hope you guys liked it, stay tuned for more updates and I'll see you in the next chapter. Bye. 👋🏼