A Cup Of Noodles (Naegiri/DR)

Începe de la început

Said so wistfully that Makoto asked, "What?"

"I mean, it would be our last winter until we graduate Hope's Peak next year..." Kyoko said, and Makoto nodded at that, because it was true. Their last winter... after all before they graduate.

"So let's go," Kyoko said, already turning around and walking briskly away with Makoto catching up saying, "Ah, wait."

But Kyoko simply kept walking, although at a slower pace so that Makoto can catch up. As they walked from dormitories to Hope's Peak, they came across a convenience store, opened 24/7 for the students despite having the Ultimate Cook and the Ultimate Maid at school, ready to serve any food in the cafeteria of Hope's Peak. But apparently, some students have simply craved the simplicity of store bought goods instead of delicacies and how quickly can they be eaten as well.

People such as certain Ultimate Animators and Ultimate Fanfic Writers who have a liking for instant noodles and soda... whenever doing their work.

And as Makoto and Kyoko walked inside the convenience store, the latter picking up a certain cup of instant noodles, she smiled and said, "Remember?"

Makoto sheepishly smiled at that, because other than animators and fanfic writers, lucky students also have a penchant for instant noodles too. It was the day when he woke up late at school, and chosen to eat along the way...

It's been about a month since that orientation day, and Makoto woke up one day, checking out the alarm clock and crying out, "I'm late!"

Normally, it's not necessary in Hope's Peak to even attend classes. But there was this one monthly homeroom thing that they must never skip, mostly in order to keep track of every Ultimate's progress and update them on anything ongoing that might happen in the school. And the one time to just wake up late... of all things!

So, Makoto had rushed, even choosing the convenience store that was conveniently there for seemingly every student who runs late for homeroom, Makoto had bitterly thought, as he rushed in and just took a cup of noodles and ate it as he was running.

Unfortunately, that led to an unlucky incident.

"Guh!" Makoto and one other sounded as they bumped each other, the cup noodles that Makoto had  flying out of his hands and unceremoniously onto the person's head, with the remaining noodles and soup dripping down that person's head.

To Makoto's shock, that person was Kyoko Kirigiri, who looked equally shocked and startled to see Makoto before returning back to that expressionless face. Makoto bowed in apology.

"I'm... I'm so sorry," Makoto said, but Kyoko easily dismissed it.

"Accidents happen," Kyoko said smoothly as she took the cup noodles and Makoto took it to throw away when he finds a trash bin, even trying to clean up the strand of noodles staying in Kyoko's hair although she brushed it off.

"But I have to make up for it," Makoto insisted, "Please, Kirigiri-san."

Kyoko let out a somewhat small and faint smile, "Hmm... OK. Please come with me, Naegi-kun."

"OK," Makoto said immediately before even ask, "Ah... what is it that you want me to do?"

"Oh, just agreeing before even knowing what I wanted of you. And then asking. How interesting," Kyoko said, "But it's simple. During homeroom, I'm required to present something and it was in a file of mine, which I left in my room. So I have to make haste and retrieve it. But this happened."

Makoto still looked quite apologetic about that. For information, as said, during homeroom, it was the time that an Ultimate's progress will be recorded. Sometimes an Ultimate won't even need anything, like Makoto whose luck which was simply there... required no record. But Kyoko, as an Ultimate Detective, for recording progress, case summations might be needed as proof. So Makoto assumed that the file Kyoko mentioned was simply that.