overprotective // hatsuharu sohma (2)

Start from the beginning

I raced over and tried to pry Haru off, but to no avail.

"HARU STOP IT! STOP IT!" With one final punch, he picked himself up and walked away. I went to Kizu's side and tried to help him up, but he just scurried away- a look of fear upon his face.

"You- you just stay away from me!" Kizu got up, took one final glance at me, and ran off.

Tears started welling in my eyes and I ran past Momiji and Haru all the way back home.

Throwing the door open and rushing up the stairs to my room. I heard a faint, "Welcome!" but I slammed my bedroom door shut before I could process or respond to it. 

I sobbed into my pillow, the tears seeping into the white fabric. Soon enough, my sobs were mixed with yawns and I fell into an exhausted sleep. 

~~~~~

Knock! Knock! Knock!

Soft knocking came at my door. I was asleep but soon remembered the day's events and I felt my face, sticky from the previous tears. 

I walked over to the door and opened it to reveal Shigure, a sympathetic smile on his face.

"May I come in?"

I nodded and sat back down on my bed. 

He came and sat right next to me as I leaned onto his shoulder for support. 

"Haru told me what happened, I'm sorry sweet Y/N." He used his hand to smooth out my hair, tangled from my stressful slumber. 

I sniffled, "I really liked Kizu, and then Haru has to come in and ruin everything!" I took my head away from him and fell backward, bouncing with the mattress.

Shigure chuckled a bit before turning to face me. "Even though he was... reckless, could it be he's simply overprotective of you? After all, he's been caring for you for the last two years."

I rolled my eyes at the old dog's statement. "It was just a kiss! And I never asked him to care for me! I thanked him when we first met. He doesn't owe me anything else!" I grunted and pulled a pillow over my face, screaming about what had occurred earlier.

Another chuckle from Shigure. "Maybe you need to tell him that. I think he'll understand if you two could just communicate with one another."

I sat up, a look of contemplation on my face. "Yeah, maybe you're right. But, I don't know when I'll see him again, he could be anywhere."

Shigure stood and walked over to the door, opening it, "He's on the front steps if you want to talk now." He gestured outside, and I could feel myself perk up. 

Without another word, I ran down the stairs and out to the front. 

"Haru!" I yelled out. Looking around, I didn't see him anywhere. 

"Y/N."

"AHH!" I jumped and screamed. Behind me was none other than Haru. I punched him in the arm before grabbing at my heart. "Baka! Don't sneak up on me like that!"

"You were the one yelling for me." He stated bluntly. 

I rolled my eyes at him before I felt his hand resting on my shoulder. "Y/N... I'm sorry." His head was downcast, his white locks covering his once warm brown eyes. 

I reached up and touched his face, my thumb gently caressing his cheek. "What were you thinking?? You could've seriously killed him!" I was more concerned than angry at this point. 

"I just- it made me so mad to see him holding you like that. Kissing you, his dirty hands all over you! And what's worse, you seemed to ENJOY it!" He shook my hand away and covered his face with his hands. 

I could only look at him with a disheartened look. Who would've guessed he had so many pent-up emotions. 

"Oh, Haru..." I mumbled before pulling his hands down, gently taking them in my own. "I can see now how badly I've hurt you. I get why you're so overprotective of me... thank you." 

He looked me in the eye this time, a glint of hope shining, "I love you, you know that, right?" A smile tugged at his lips when he said that. A blush, a thousand shades of red, flew across my face when I realized what he said. 

"You- you do?" I was most definitely on the brink of a heart attack. 

He nodded before pulling me closer to him. "Can I... kiss you?" 

'Two kisses in one day?!' I thought before nodding. 

He held my face and slowly pushed our lips together, and I felt so many sparks. This kiss was completely different than the one I experienced with Kizu earlier. I couldn't just feel the love, but I knew it was true love. 

His grip loosened on my face before pulling me in with my hips. I reached up and wrapped my arms around his neck, begging for more of his kisses. 

Suddenly we broke for air. With a smirk on his lips, he held my hands once more, "So be honest, I'm the better kisser, right?"

I laughed before punching him again. His arm slung around my shoulders as we walked back into the house.

"You are definitely the better kisser."

PART TWO - END