🔺 Chapter 23🔻

Chapter 23

Unedited

6:30 am

"The ushering gig is so sure! And you're in Osas" Adetutu announced on a phone call and Osas smiled. "Seriously?" "Yeah. It's so sure. I called the big Madam and she it's like legit real and our twenty k is like so so sure! So get ready, I'll let you in on when we'll move"

"Thank you"

"You're welcome" she answered and hanging up and Obianuju who was having tea and bread watched her in interest. "Who's that calling so early in the morning?" "Na Folabi's sister"

"Who's Folabi?"

"My friend in Bini, she's in Lagos and she told me about this ushering gig" "Ushering gig?" "It's a politician something and we're supposed to work as ushers for a day, 20k"

"What? That's surreal? Some employees don't even pay people 20 k for a month. Are you sure it's real?"

"Adetutu say e dey legit. She being do and them give her the money"

"Okay, if she says so but you gotta be very careful" she answered then she cleared her throat on seeing Raymond walked in already prepared to go to work.

"Good morning oh" Osas answered and he smiled, "Good morning Osas. How was your night?" "It was fine, thank for say una allow me sleep here. I really appreciate it"

"It nothing"

"You go chop?" She asked and he shook his head. "You go chop, you must chop, it's by force by fire" she gave Obianuju a look and she rose up rolling her eyes then she walked into the kitchen.

"I know say this matter no concern me. Make e no be like say I dey do aproko (pokenose). Make una do settle, you and Mrs Obianuju. I no say wetin she do go pain you as human way you be but I dey beg make you find one place for your heart forgive her"

"It hurts, what hurts more is the fact she wouldn't have said anything if you didn't push her to" "Na fear cause am, it's fear. Everyone has their secrets, I have my own, at first base on woman way we be. Base on the fact we're women, it's always difficult to tell other our secret"

"I'm not just anyone. I'm her husband"

"Maybe na this vex she dey avoid, with the way you dey vex now, tell me why she no go hide am from you. I'm sure she's regretting why she told you"  "I want to forget it but it's hard"

"Okay .... If you fit answer this one question, i go drop the topic" "Shoot" Raymond pulled Obianuju's plate close then he took a bite out of the bread.

"Does your wife know everything about you?" She asked and he coughed. "Shebi, some part dey way be say if she know she go vex, why you no want com forgive her?" she asked and Raymond chuckled. "She'll flip of she knows and she might even accuse me of cheating and I've never cheated"

"But she had the guts to tell you her own secret" Osas dipped a slice of the bread into her mouth, "You should respect her" she answered and Raymond chuckled.

"Have you considered marriage counseling?" He asked and they both laughed. "I know say I good for everything so I'm not surprised"

"I blame you? Na me give you comment now" he answered and she chuckled and Obianuju entered with a tray containing  plate of fried eggs and a cup of tea.

"You're already eating my food" she hissed and he pushed it back expecting his own.

She dropped it on his table then she returned back to her seat and Osas laughed. "Make una do reconcile abeg!"  "I'm not the one who's angry" Obianuju snapped and Raymond rolled his eyes, "I'm still processing the whole thing"