Chapter 10: Marcus

Bắt đầu từ đầu

Then we split up, looking for Thomas and the others. As I was walking through, I started to feel hot, so I took off my jacket as I heard cheering coming from my left. I walked towards there, seeing a Crank chained up, being held back as a man stood in front of it, somewhat teasing it. He held up a gun before standing in front of me, the trigger pulling. I looked away once that happened.

I then heard a familiar laugh as I saw the man from before. "That was fun!"

I stumbled away, backing into the crowd. As I turned around, Brenda stood right there, looking me up and down before meeting my eyes.

"Brenda?" I mumbled.

"They're not here." She spoke softly.

I gulp slightly, nodding my head. "Okay, well... we should keep looking."

"Why? We couldn't find the Right Arm anyway. Not without Marcus. You friends are gone. It's over. It's just us now." I felt Brenda put her hands at the back of my neck, playing with my hair a little. "Just try and relax. Let go."

"How?" I ask softly.

"Like this."

Next thing I knew, she crashed her lips onto mine, kissing me. She played with my hair as our lips slightly moved together. Her lips were moving against mine. After a couple more seconds, we pulled away. I opened my eyes, expecting to see Brenda, but I didn't...

I saw Gally.

"Gally?" I muttered very quietly.

But how? He's not here. He's.... 

dead.

I stumbled back as I saw 'Gally' turn back to Brenda. It was Brenda the whole time. I hallucinated it.

"What?" Brenda questioned.

I shook my head a little. "You're not him."

Brenda somewhat chuckled slightly, moving away. I could see hurt on her face. I caused that. I followed after her, through the crowd, but only to run into the man again, seeing him laughing. I stumbled away, then seeing that blonde woman, making me walk away from her.

"Y/n." Many voices echoed through my mind.

Next thing I knew, I saw Winston as a Crank, making me let out a yelp, stumbling back. I turned around, only to be met with Gally. Sweat was all over his face as a spear was through his chest, his lifeless eyes looking into mine. Just like the last time I saw him.

"You left me! You left me there!" Gally's voice echoed in my mind. "You left me to die!"

"No." I stumbled back, shaking my head.

As I stumbled through the crowd more, I was met with a Crank. But not just any Crank. It was Newt. He deeply shrieked and croaked at me, making me stumble back, screaming as I fell to the ground. I crawled through the big crowd, almost at the end of it, when my gaze stopped on a familiar creature.

A Griever.

It gargled a little as I fell to my side more, my eyes getting heavy. The last thing I heard was muffled footsteps coming towards me before I didn't hear or see anything else.

~

~3rd Person P.O.V.~

Teresa and Thomas stood in a room, wearing all white as they waited for Y/n, who told them to meet her there. Finally, she walked in, wearing all white, as well.

"Hey." Teresa greeted her.

"Hey. Did anyone see you two come here?" She asked them.

"No, what are you talking about?" Thomas asked his little sister.

"We don't have a lot of time." Y/n frantically spoke.

"Y/n, what's wrong?" Teresa questioned in concern, pushing Thomas aside a little so she could come closer to the h/c haired girl.

"I just had to see you two... and just try to explain things before..." Before Y/n could finish, the three heard the doors open. "Oh, no."

"Y/n!" Both Teresa and Thomas said.

"Just listen to me, okay? Whatever they tell you two about me, whatever they say, I just need you two to know I had to do it. Okay?" Y/n explained.

"What did you do?" Thomas questioned, coming closer to her.

"I just couldn't keep watching them die. Watching Gally die." The h/c haired girl's voice quivered slightly.

"Over here!" A male voice spoke. Just then, at least two guards grabbed onto Y/n, pulling her away from her best friend and brother. "Come on."

"No!" Thomas exclaimed, walking forward slightly.

"I'm sorry." Y/n glanced between them.

"Y/n!" Teresa walked forward, looking into the eyes she learned to love as more than a friend.

~

~Y/n P.O.V.~

My eyes opened as I gasped slightly for air, as I felt hands on my shoulder.

"Hey, you're okay."

I looked up, meeting Teresa's blue eyes. 

She smiled at me. "Hi. We have to stop meeting like this." I put my hand on top of hers, squeezing it.

Then I saw Minho come from behind Teresa, smiling at me. "Welcome back, you ugly shank." He joked.

I briefly chuckled, remembering all the times we joked around back in the Glade. Slowly, I sat up with Teresa's help. My eyes met Brenda's, making me remember what happened at the party.

"I suggest you talk! You son of a bitch!" I watched Jorge punch someone before standing up, to where Thomas instantly pulled me into a hug, keeping an arm wrapped around me.

"Damn it!" I looked and saw the man from before tied up to a chair. "I'm sorry... you're going to have to leave my house."

"Looks like you've been having fun." Newt commented, looking at me.

"Listen." Jorge started. "I don't enjoy hurting you. Okay? Where is the Right Arm, Marcus?"

"Wait, this is Marcus?" I spoke up, glancing at Jorge.

Marcus chuckled. "The kid catches on quick." He glanced at me. "Are you the brains of the operation?"

Jorge gripped his hair, forcing Marcus to look at him. "I know you know where they're hiding. So you tell me, and I'll make you a deal. You can come with us."

"I burned that bridge a long time ago. Besides, I made my own deal. You're the one who taught me, never miss an opportunity." Marcus giggled.

"What's he talking about?" Newt questioned.

"I'm talking about supply and demand. Wicked wants all the immunes they can get. I help provide that for them. So I lure the kids in... they get drunk, they have a good time. And then, later, Wicked comes in... they separate the wheat from the chaff." Marcus explains.

"I changed my mind, hermano. I do enjoy hurting you." Suddenly, Jorge kicks Marcus to the ground before hovering over him. "Talk! Talk!"

"Okay! Jesus!" Marcus gives in. "But I'm not making any promises. These guys like to move around." Both Jorge and Frypan lift him up. "They have an outpost in the mountains. But it's a long away. You got half of Wicked on your ass. You're never gonna make it."

"Not on foot." Jorge leans forward, putting his hands on Marcus' shoulders. "Where's Bertha?"

"Not Bertha." Marcus whimpers.