18 Years Old Continued

A week had gone by since I'd moved to the South-East and I didn't think I had been more comfortable before in my entire life somewhere.

Harvey had become a good friend, despite not knowing him long, he was a pretty fun guy.

We had even partied together a little, meaning that I had told him I was a dealer so he was happy to try out the merchandise with me.

I wasn't doing it as often down here, just a little bit here and there to get me some extra money.

I was on my way to my first class with the Bluebells and I was excited to be doing what I loved again.

Already dressed for the lesson, I grabbed my gym bag out my car before heading inside. I was late since my Mum needed my help with some papers for the car she had bought me so she could fully put it in my name.

I had explained to Miss Lacey that I would be late and she understood which I was thankful for.

As I pushed open the front door to the community centre, I noticed the receptionist typing away at her computer and flashed a smile my way.

"Miss Lacey's class is just down the hallway." She must have recognised me from last week and I nodded in appreciation to her and followed her direction.

Double doors faced me and I noticed a few students through the glass of the door and was grateful for the fact that there was a fair share of boys and not just girls in the class.

Miss Lacey noticed me as I entered "Ah, welcome."

She grabbed my hand and pulled me further into the room, presenting me to everyone.

"Everyone, this is Leonidas Taylor. He's new to town and moved ballet schools so he'll be with us now."

There was an array of greetings and as I scanned the room I froze at who I saw sitting on the floor by the mirrored wall.

Eliana.

Eliana fucking McCoy.

No one ever knew about my dancing aside from my Mum. And now she was in my fucking dance lesson.

She stared at me with a look of total shock which turned into a smile which she tried to hide. Eventually, she couldn't hold it back and she laughed out loud.

It ticked me off that she was laughing at me but she soon stopped when everyone in the room stared at her for doing it.

"Right, Richard, go to the other side of the room and show Leo the steps he needs to learn." Miss Lacey cut through the awkward silence quickly to distract the fact that everyone was just staring at Eliana.

A boy with short, cropped, brown hair gave me a smile which showed off some dimples and lead me over to the corner of the studio.

I followed Richard with ease, picking up the steps flawlessly and chatting casually to him as we worked.

"How long you danced for?" He questioned as we reached for out water bottles. Slightly out of breath, I took a long drink before replying. We were about to be beckoned over by Miss Lacey so we took a moment to chill.

"A couple of years, but I've always been interested in it." Wiping some sweat off my forehead with the sleeve of my sports top, I tucked some loose strands of my hair behind my ear and my eyes caught onto Eliana who was lying on the floor, her left leg pulled up so she was stretching it out.

I'd caught her eye a couple of times during the rest of the lesson and I had to give it to her, she was an excellent dancer.

Like at school however, she seemed to keep to herself quite a lot, not really interacting with the other dancers and just doing as she was told.