Sinner: Twenty five

Start from the beginning

"And I'm guessing you told her."

Looking at her, she had a look in her eyes that didn't indicate that she was mad. I slightly smiled at her before nodding. "It may have slipped out.. and other things."

"What other things?"

I looked away for a moment before sighing before looking back at her. "I might have mentioned having feelings towards you."

She kept looking at me before looking somewhere else before sitting up more then clearing her throat. "How did she take that?"

"She said that was nothing wrong with it. I mean.. she already knows I'm gay."

"She was ok with it?"

I chuckled. "Yeah." I kept looking at her as she was looking somewhere else. "I was coming over to talk to you about the last time I saw you." She looks at me and I continue. "I'm sorry about leaving and not talking to you.. I was an ass for doing that."

"I'm guessing you had good reasons."

"Not really." I sighed. "I just.. I was so tired of James and his stupid shit. I wanted to give up but I knew that wasn't an option."

She slightly smiles before nodding. "I understand. I'm not mad."

"Good." I smiled.

We sat in silence for a moment then heard her sigh, which made me look over at her. "Grace.. I came over to talk to you about something." I waited as she continued. "About these feelings I have towards you. Now that James is gone.. I feel like I can breathe more. I felt that way when you were near me and now that everything is finally over with-"

Before she could finish, I heard a knock on the door. I look at her before excusing myself and walking out of the living room towards the front door before opening it.

Aunt Brenda was standing there and she smiled at me before I could say anything. "Hey, Grace. How are you?"

"Fine." I stare at her for a moment. "What are you doing?"

"I came by to get some papers from your mom. She knows I'm here."

I nodded then opened the door, allowing her to walk in before forgetting Miranda was here. I watch as aunt Brenda walks to the kitchen and I walk to the living room where Miranda was sitting.

She smiles once she saw me walk back in and I smiled back before looking towards the entrance of the living room then sitting down.

"Who was that?"

"My aunt. She's here picking up something."

Miranda nods then I heard my aunt's voice before looking over and seeing her stand in the living room. She looked at me then her eyes shifted to Miranda before looking back at me.

"Um.." She looks at me with an expression I can't read. "I have the papers. Tell your mom I'll be seeing her later."

"Ok." She looks at me once more before turning around and leaving.

Miranda looks at me the shifts a little as she was sitting there. "She didn't look too happy when she saw me here. I'm guessing she heard the rumors about us.. I mean, the whole town knows."

"Yeah.. James did it, didn't he?"

She nods before looking at me. "Yeah.. it's because I told him I was done with him and he didn't take it lightly." She sighs then looks somewhere. "When I heard the rumors, I was a little scared. I didn't know what to do and James came back home from somewhere telling me that I got what I deserve for trying to leave him."

"Did he hurt you after that?"

She nods then looks at me. "Yeah.. I cried more than I've ever cried that night. I didn't know what to do."

"I swear.." I shook my head before feeling Miranda's hand on mine. I look down at our hands before looking up at her as she was slightly smiling at me.

"I'm not affected by the rumors thought.. Grace. I could care less what everyone else thinks." She looks down at our hands. "I came to realize that I honestly didn't care. All I know is that I want you and I don't care what anyone else says."

That made me smile as I looked down at our hands. I had this feeling in my stomach that made me realize my feelings for her were real and growing.

What anybody says isn't going to bother me cause I honestly didn't care.

I haven't heard anything on the rumors, so I wasn't sure what they actually said or what they were.

But it didn't matter to me.

And I'm glad they didn't matter to Miranda.

"So.." I look at her as our hands were still intertwined. "what does this mean?" I ask as I moved our hands a little.

She smiles before looking down and staring for a moment before looking back up at me. "I really.." She slightly chuckles, which was adorable, before she looks somewhere else. "need to talk to your mom."

I gave her a confused look before nodding then watching as she leans towards me before gently kissing me. I look at her once she pulls back before standing up and walking past me.

Turning my head, I watch as she walks out the living room and left me there as I stared at the wall trying to figure out what was going to happen next.