[26]

The direct glare she had shot the green-hooded man was almost as sharp as the blade against his throat, if not sharper. His weapon, however, was still resting against his hip, not once being reached out to or drawn as a safety precaution. In fact, his hands were raised as a sign of peace, hanging high nowhere near his axe or any weapon in his range. Strange... One thing she noticed right away, though, was that he was still smiling. The same stupid, lopsided smile that just never seemed to leave his face no matter how many times she had to encounter him in her lifetime. She hated the sense of familiarity that came with it, too. She hated the memories she had of him. She hated the vast amount of trauma he had caused her and her friends. She hated the amount of paranoia she felt after not seeing him in so long, and the constant worry of him showing up at any moment in her life.

But most of all, she hated that fucking mask he just couldn't seem to lose off his hidden face. The same stupid smile that had haunted her over the past year of knowing him. Her lips were pulled tight into a prominent frown, her brows creasing slightly from how narrowed they were. He rolled back his shoulders slightly, pulling down the hood that hung over his head to rest against the back of his neck instead.

"So.... Technoblade, huh? Hiding miles away with the bloodthirsty anarchist himself..." She stiffened up at his description, "don't get me wrong, I guessed you'd be coming back sometime soon with the election and all... but with Technoblade? It's... interesting..." No response. He smirked again at her fiery stare.

"Finally came to terms with the armor, too? I won't lie, it's a good look on you; really adds to your... 'intimidating' factors..." he circled around her, taking in her different appearance clad in the silvery iron armor that hugged her limbs and torso. She figured he must have been referring to her time in L'manburg when she hadn't worn any, not that it bothered her too much - she respected the rules that were held on those grounds, it just wasn't too... efficient at times. She'd gotten fairly used to the heavy metal on her body now, wearing it almost wherever she went, even if her life wasn't at stake. She kept a close eye on him, making sure he wasn't going to do anything out of the blue or to catch her by surprise. Weirdly enough, it seemed to be the last thing that was on his mind as of now. He finally made his way back in front of her, looking her up and down before noticing her lips were tightly drawn together in a straight line.

"Back to the silent treatment, I see... it's a pity, really, especially when-"

"Get to your fucking point already." She cut him off, her voice venomous and silencing him immediately. He almost flinched from how unexpected it was, almost. What he also seemed to notice right away was the shake in her words that gave away her true feelings about seeing him again. Not exactly scared. She seemed... uneasy... perhaps.

"Jeez, who burst your bubble?" He tried to lighten the mood and ease her spiking nerves with a bit of light humour, but it only ended up ticking her off more.

"I don't know, maybe you should ask the egocentric psychopath who can't seem to get off my back." She spat harshly, taking a hasty step forward and following through with the blade positioned beside his throat. He never once flinched, his smile growing bigger at her words before taking a step closer too, matching her boldness.

"Now there's that hot-tempered attitude I've missed" He smirked playfully, gently tilting her head with the hook of his index finger. He held that position for a while, silently examining her perfectly shaped face with curious eyes. The growing warmth that gathered under his finger tips was more than enough to show him the effect he had on her. He noticed the new tiny scars that decorated her face in different places, all faint and hardly noticeable without a close glance before she eventually pulled away, stepping back slightly to avoid his lingering touch. She brought the sword back up between them, blocking him from making any further contact with the girl. She was not going to falter under his hidden gaze once again.