CHAPTER 15: Fall For Him

Ella's POV:

That day, I saw a different side of him.

A side that was very humble. I never expected him to be so down to earth. When he said that we will have dinner outside I expected it to be in some five star hotel or something but instead he took me to Old Delhi.

And the way he talked to that boy there, so politely and humbly was heart warming.

The way he held my hand tightly as we walked through that crowded street as if he was afraid that I will get lost.

He is cute, he is weird, he is funny, he is crazy, he is smart, he is an idiot but...overall he is the perfect boyfriend a girl could ever wish for.

The next day, we explored Delhi, visiting Red Fort, Qutub Minar and India Gate. We had fast foods in lunch from random stalls we found here and there. And at night we had our dinner in Old Delhi again, in a restaurant similar to Karim's.

All day, we had our sunglasses and caps on so that no one recognises us although a few people here and there did recognise us but never mind.

I did enjoy.

We were in Delhi for two day(if you add the two half days that we spent there). And now we were supposed to leave for Agra and spend the night there, explore it the other day, again spend another night there and come back to Delhi in the afternoon and then leave for Australia.

Quite hectic.

"How many hours till we reach Agra?", I questioned Nelson as we sat in the back seat of the car and the driver drove.

"Two", he answered.

"Why don't you have a girlfriend?", I asked out of nowhere because that question was really troubling me.

He seemed uncomfortable by the question. "Is it necessary to have a girlfriend?"

"It is unless you are thinking of an arranged marriage."

"Hmm...I actually don't know why I don't have a girlfriend."

"It's not that you won't get any girl. There are many dying to date you", I said truthfully.

"Believe me, I know. But I am not going randomly choose anyone and she turns out to be the 'one' for me."

"Unless and until you date, how will you know who's the right one?"

"I don't have time to date; I need to serve my country."

"I am serving my country too but that doesn't mean that I forget about everything else...I have a boyfriend too."

"Having a girlfriend means drama and I don't like dramas."

"Life's nothing without dramas. You can't expect it to be always smooth. Dramas brings excitement."

He snapped his head towards me and leaned closer.

"Did I say that my life's running smooth? It. Is. Not! I already have many fucking dramas in my life. I just don't want anymore", he said in dangerously low voice.

I have seen him get angry but this was scary.

I gulped audibly and gently touched his cheek with my fingers and he seemed to snap out of his thoughts and his features immediately softened.

He blinked a few times and opened his mouth to say something but said nothing and just sat back straight.

No one said anything for the rest of the ride as we both busied ourselves in our phones.
________________________________________