CHAPTER 3: Lunch Date

Ella's POV:

"Why are you in such a hurry?", Ariel asked over the video call as I was literally running across my room not able to decide what to wear.

"Because I am getting late for my lunch date!"

"With Asher?" She frowned.

"Who else?"

She sighed deeply and ran her hand through her hair. "You know...he is not...good...I mean..."

"Please Ariel, you are the last person I want to hear that thing from", I pleaded. "You are my best friend, I need your support."

"Of course, I will always support you, Ella but I am just saying that he doesn't gives off a warm vibe, I don't like him..."

"First of all, he is my boyfriend not yours so I don't care what you think of him... secondly, we have been together for four years...and he has been good, Ariel."

"It's useless to tell you anything." She shook her head.

I rolled my eyes at her and then said, "Okay, now tell me what should I wear?"

I held up two dresses infront of my laptop and she eyed both the dresses carefully for a minute after which she pointed to the one I had in my right hand.

"Thanks", I muttered before dashing towards the bathroom.

"How am I looking?", I asked her as I twirled around, after I changed the dress

And she gave me a thumbs up.

I again rolled my eyes, "It feels you are just appreciating me for a good fielding. Can't you use your words to tell me how I am looking?!"

"You are looking gorgeous, Ella...why do you even doubt it?"

"Thanks", I said giving her a toothy grin making her chuckle.

My eyes fell on the clock and I realised that how late I am, I quickly said goodbye to Ariel and hung up the call before grabbing my purse and I walked out; I didn't bother applying any make up.

I revved the engine of my BMW and started driving towards the restaurant Asher told me about.
The restaurant was almost on the outer of the city but anyway...

The road was clear with just one car that was infront of me.
Just then my phone rang and I picked it up seeing that Asher was calling.

"I am sorry Asher, I got late. I will reach there in around 15 minutes", I said in hurry not giving him a chance to say anything.

"It's okay Ella, take your time...see you there."

"Yeah, see you there", I hung up the call and turned my attention to the passenger's seat as I threw my phone there.

As I soon as I turned my attention back on the road, it was too late to realise that the car that was infront of me suddenly slowed down and before I knew it...I crashed my car into it!