07|•° Should We Bet?.

°•| Should We Bet |•°

There was no need for anyone to tell me that I was done for. In fact, the three of us were in for it. I could tell by the way her brows nearly connected; Gina had her arms still folded with an I've-got-you-now look. Oh, how I madly wish that Gina wasn't here today. Was there ever a day that she didn't come?

The back door was scarcely used in the mornings, it was mostly used when anyone wanted to throw out the thrash and do less important things later in the day. We obviously weren't expecting her to be here by this time.

The back door lead to a room where some different cleaning equipments were kept.

"We can't have that look on our faces now, can we?" She teased, reminding me of the meanie of a principal I had in High School. Her expression was like she was enjoyingng the fact that we weren't early. Almost as if she's been longing for it for some time now. The side of her lips twitched like she was dying to smile.

Must there be sadistic people around me every single day?

"No, ma'am," I shook my head, adding the ma'am intentionally. I knew how she hated when workers called her ma'am since it made her feel older than her actual age. I couldn't blame her, she's in her late thirties, I think. I can't blame us too because she acts like a typical 'wicked step mother.'

It's our job to frustrate her, it's her job to frustrate us. It's more of a habit now and both parties enjoyed it.

I could feel Roman's exhaled air on my skin as he stood behind me with his breathing gradually becoming intense. I tried to glance at him but he turned my head back. What's wrong with this guy?

"Anderson, I've said it before and this would be the last time. Call me Gina or Miss Gina-since you're a diligent worker," she frowned making her appear plumper, her dark eyes moved to the direction where Roman and Ben stood. "And you two, why are you late today? Especially you, Isaac, I actually had high hopes for you since your father is-"

"Is what? The manager? Successful? The best in the world? Come on, I need a fucking break please. You're not my mother to lecture me about being proper and whatnot. Have you ever taken a good look at yourself? I don't need a reality check from you every fuckin-"

"Language," I shunned him, fearing that he was only going to make matters worse. That's if things were not worse already.

What the heck did he think he was doing, rambling on like that? Who would do such a thing? Why was he so pissed because Gina had mentioned his father? He makes me question so many things these days for which I don't have the answers. Argh, it always make me get irritating feelings!

Ben had his eyes wide open, it was clear that he had not expected Roman to say all those things. Even I, myself, wasn't expecting it too. I get confused around him, it's getting bothersome too.

Immediately, Roman turned his head towards me like he was about to dish out what ever was meant for Gina to me but I guess he decided not to since his gaze on me softened. His hand went running through his curly locks as he does whenever he's thinking with a thin line in-between his eyebrows.

I didn't dare look at Gina, she could be taking short breaths to calm herself down. It was what she did whenever she was frustrated or angry - that's what I've noticed.

"Benjamin, you can get to work. No after-shifts work for you since your mistake is pardonable. The same goes for you, Miss Arielle. You both can leave, I want to have a word with McQueen here," she smiled but I knew there was something behind it. She's got to be planning something.