NEW POWERS AND FEELINGS

Start from the beginning

"It feels better than pretending to be someone I'm not, Jessica."

8 months ago

Aella sat in the back of the flower shop, her nose in a book. She looked up at sound of a knock, revealing Beatrix, "can I help you?"

"I'm bored." Beatrix replied, looking over her shoulder to see Mr. Shadow-High, the owner of the shop, "hello Mr. Shadow-High."

Ted Shadow-High was a very old man, reaching his late sixties. He always wore a beanie on his head, his eyes hidden behind his glasses. He was wrinkly too, with a goal to count every wrinkle in hands.

Mr. Shadow-High waved at Beatrix, "hello, Ms. Jessica, you do know that you do not work here, yes?"

For some reason that Aella didn't understand, Beatrix always went by Jessica. It didn't fit her at all, but apparently she needed to hide.

"I know, but where's the fun in facing the truth?"

Aella rolled her eyes, trying to focus on her book as her friend crouched at her chair, "Aella..."

"No."

"Aella Trueberry..."

"Be- Jessica..."

The air fairy smirked, poking her friends torso, "I'm bored."

"Get a job," Aella replied, hiding a growing smile.

Beatrix groaned, sitting on the floor and leaning her head against Aella's legs, "that's even more boring than being actually bored."

"Your lucky I don't hate you."

"You love me," Beatrix sung.

Mr. Shadow-High rolled his eyes at the girls, "how about you and Aella go somewhere, Jess? You can take my car as long as you bring it back by closing time."

Aella dropped her book and swung around in her chair, "what? No no, I'm working. Make her work."

"Go ahead, Aella, get out of here at some point. Spend your free time.. free."

A smirk of mischief grew on her face, "thanks, Mr. Shadow-High."

Beatrix groaned, but she didn't speak. She let Aella continue in hopes that she might be forgiven if all was out of her system.

"You know, I was found after you left, by Dowling. She told me about Alfea, she told me about all the other fairies and specialists in the world. Something you forgot to mention, always telling me we were the only ones of our kind. Dowling gave me a home when I was merely an orphan, you- you left."

"Boo hoo," Beatrix whined, "you have a sappy sad back story, don't we all?"

Aella looked at the girl, annoyed, "yeah, well your the one who created my 'sappy sad back story'."

"You didn't have to be my friend."

"But I was!" Aella said, shaking her fists, "and you manipulated me and ruined my life! And now your here again, trying the same thing again!"

"I'm just trying to-"

"Horribly bring our friendship back because my powers that can bring Rosalind back. Because they are similar to Dowlings. I know," Aella interrupted, tired.

Beatrix looked at her ex-bestfriend, "how did you..?"

Aella grabbed her stuff, beginning to walk away, "I'm not the idiot you think I am."