"he might hear you!" she continued to giggle as yuna's eyes widen.

"stop scaring me!! this is like- the third time i almost had a heart attack today! it's not healthy!" she exclaimed, muffling her scream unto a pillow. "sorry," the manager giggled as she approached the whining idol.

"what was the cause of your first so called heart attack?" the manager asked, sitting on the edge of yuna's bed. remembering the thought made the said girl shiver in horror.

deciding to tease her more, the manager giggled, "is it that huening again? it is isn't it?" she asked which made yuna's face twice as red than it already is. "no shut up!! the horror!" yuna exclaimed dramatically.

"okay, okay, i'm just not gonna bring up the fact that my colleague told me that she scared you by telling you that you guys will stay in one room and you looked like you saw a ghost!" the manager continued in a playful tone.

by this point, yuna's face was redder than a tomato- redder than blood even. it was as if she was going to explode any second now.

"eonni!!!!" the girl yelled as she threw both her pillows towards the laughing manager's direction.

▁▂▃▄▆✧▆▄▃▂▁

"i fucking hate you, you do know that right?" yuna asked, stuffing a whole piece of sandwich into her mouth. they just finished shooting one of the honeymoon episodes in a beach, and they are currently having a lunch break.

"eat slowly or you will choke." the manager reminded as she continued to bite her sandwich. just as she said that, yuna did actually start choking on her sandwich.

"what did i tell you?" the manager sighed as she nonchalantly took another bite at her sandwich before giving yuna some water. "now, remind me as to why you hate me again?" the manager said with eyebrows raised.

"that motherfucker couldn't stop teasing me this morning!! he heard our conversation the other night and that's all your fault!" yuna yelled as she recovered from her choking event.

gulping in some more water, the girl pointed an accusing finger at her manager, "my life is ruined!!" she whined dramatically. "it's the being loud for me. you were the one yelling in the first place." the manager stated nonchalantly.

"w-well, yeah, but—"

"you dug your own grave, yuna-ya. now you're going to have to be the one to crawl out." the manager said with quite a dark analogy. sighing, yuna took another bite from a new sandwich since she spat out the other one earlier, "i hate you."

"i know, you've told me that five hundred and seventy four times today." the manager said ever so casually. "you actually kept track of.. never mind." the itzy maknae sighed as she started to accept her fate.

"hey expired shit!" a voice exclaimed from behind yuna. shutting her eyes tight in a 'fuck i'm screwed' manner, she looked behind her to see kai towering above herself, holding two cones of ice cream.

"here. the beach is quite hot today, so i thought i'd do something nice." he said. the manager smiled at this scene before quietly slipping away, giving the two some alone time.

as much as yuna did not want to accept the ice cream, she really was burning. the sun was shining exceptionally bright that day— not a single raincloud in sight. she was lucky the manager made her wear almost a full bottle of sunscreen, otherwise she would be burnt like fresh meat.

(a/n: ok wtf why does that sound so psychotic i'm sorry-)

resisting the urge to just grab the ice cream right there and then, yuna wanted to shove it to his face, but she couldn't. the desire to consume that ice cream is too big.

at last, she allowed her hunger to take over as she snatched the half-melted ice cream that kai was holding. taking a huge bite and not caring about her freezing teeth and brain freeze, she gave kai a huge bear hug.

"thank you, hyuka!! you're the best!!" yuna said without thinking.

"hyuka, hm?" kai teased. the boy's ears turned red as he simultaneously held his laughter.

"cute."

—end of chapter nine
bdjsbdj im so sorry for the
late update, but i was very
caught up with aot that i've
been binge watching for
the past 3 days.

but that's fine. i finished
until the most recent episode
already so uh hopefully i wont
get distracted anymore(?)

have a great day loves <3