Chapter 1: A Demon's Struggle

Start from the beginning

Tanjiro nods, "I'm sorry I made everyone so worried."

Edward: Ah, it's fine. But it is late, we should try and get some rest.

Edward lays down, as does Tanjiro, but Tanjiro asks Edward a quick question.

Tanjiro: Hey Edward? Where did you get the sword from?

Edward still has his eyes closed, "I've had it most of my life. So, I brought in case we ran into trouble.

Tanjiro: Are you good with a sword?

Edward: Yup, now get some rest. You're still young, so your body needs more rest to function properly.

Tanjiro: Goodnight, Edward.

Edward: 'Night, Tanjiro.

~Timeskip Morning~

Edward and Tanjiro make their way home from the now known Mr. Saburo's house.

Tanjiro: So, how'd you find me last night?

Edward: I've got great senses, what about you?

Tanjiro: Well, I have a great sense of smell, but that's about it.

As Edward and Tanjiro were nearing the Kamado household, Tanjiro suddenly stopped and started sniffing.

When he opened his eyes, he had a look of fear and only uttered one word, "Blood."

Tanjiro started sprinting towards his home with Edward not far behind him.

Tanjiro stopped a few feet from his home and saw a horrifying sight, Nezuko laying bloodied on top on her youngest sibling, who was also bloody out the front door.

Tanjiro quickly ran towards his bloody siblings to check on them. When he arrived, he looked in his house and saw the rest of his family had been slaughtered while him and Edward were away.

Edward finally caught up to Tanjiro and was now seeing the aftermath of a massacre. Edward pulled out his sword and looked at Tanjiro.

Edward: Check for pulses, I'll head down the road and see if I find the monster who did this.

Tanjiro nods, and Edward runs down the road with no luck upon return. Tanjiro, on the other hand, felt a pulse on Nezuko.

Tanjiro: Edward! Nezuko is still alive! We have to get her to a doctor immediately!

Edward nods, and they make their way to the nearest town.

As they are running, Nezuko starts to wake up and starts flailing violently, causing her and Tanjiro to fall off the side of a cliff safely on a patch of snow.

Edward yells down, "Stay calm! I'll find a way down to you! Just don't move."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Edward's P.O.V.~

How could I be so stupid! I completely forgot about what happens to his family. Why did I leave when I did, I could have protected them!

Me: Don't worry, Tanjiro, I'll be here and help the best I can.

I just have to find a way down first.

~Timeskip~

~No One's P.O.V.~

Edward finally made his way to where Tanjiro and Nezuko had fallen. When he arrived, he saw who he knew as the Water Hashira, Tomioka Giyu, leaning on a tree with Tanjiro cradling a now unconscious and muzzled Nezuko.

Edward: What happened here.

Giyu: The girl here turned into a demon and tried attacking the boy. So now, I'm keeping an eye on them.

Tanjiro: I promise, Nezuko will never hurt anyone.

Giyu looks on in interest at the siblings.

Giyu: If you wish to avenge your family, head to Sagiri mountain. There, you will be trained the art of breathing techniques.

Tanjiro looks at Nezuko, then back at Giyu with determination in his eyes, "I promise, I will become stronger and protect others from the same fate."

Edward: This kid. *Smiles and shakes head*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now, back at the Kamado household, Tanjiro and Edward have now finished burying the rest of the Kamado family.

Tanjiro prays for them with Nezuko, and Edward keeps watch.

Tanjiro stands up and grabs Nezuko's hand, "Edward, we're ready."

Edward nods and makes his way to the siblings.

Edward: You know, I'll be here if you need anything. Just let me know, okay?

Tanjiro smiles, "Thank you Edward, I appreciate it."

And with that, Tanjiro, Nezuko, and Edward make their way to Sagiri mountain.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And thus ends the first proper chapter of "The God Hashira". Thank you for reading and stay tuned for Chapter 2 "Tanjiro's Training".