Room 24

Sophie sat in front of the television, mindlessly flipping through the channels in attempt to further procrastinate and ignore the laundry basket full of clothes sitting next to her. Sam and Dean, of course, were out on another hunt but she expected them back at any minute. She hoped that if she could put off folding their laundry, maybe they would help before bed. Honestly, that wasn't likely, seeing as they would probably want to back up and hit the road as soon as possible. Still, nights alone in the motel rooms were growing dull, lonely. There was a time when doing something simple as washing the little clothes that they had brought her comfort, gave he something to do. What would she do with all of Dean's clothes once he was gone?

Her thumb hovered over the button at a movie that looked interesting. She tilted her head slightly with intrigue as the movie seemed old, and the scenery seemed eerie. Absentmindedly, she reached for the first article of clothing and folded in it her lap as her eyes remained on the moving pictures in front of her.Without realizing it at first, Sophie felt tense as she watched the character walk through the house. His surroundings were completely silent, but Sophie had a horrible feeling as she watched him walk down the hall. He looked like he was in a hurry and as he approached the kitchen, the shrill scream of a woman could be heard. Sophie jumped at the sound, and her eyes widened as a tall man with a leather mask stepped out from the corner. She gasped and her hand flew over her mouth in horror as the monstrous man hit the boy over the head with an axe, the sound of his body collapsing on the floor gruesome, blood splattering over the walls. Sophie eyes snapped closed with a whimper as the camera panned to the boy gurgling on the floor, her hands moving blindly over the sofa for the remote in hopes to change the channel and silence the screams. Her heart rate increased as the movie continued, and she felt her stomach churn at the hoarse screaming "Come on," she hissed, searching the sofa for the remote. "Come on!"

A sound startled her, causing her to whip her head around toward the television. The man in the leather mask held a chainsaw and began sawing the previous boy to pieces, the girl who had been screaming hanging from her back on a meat hook. Sophie yelped and flung herself at the television, slamming her finger against the power button. Sophie panted, hanging over the T.V with a sickness in her stomach she hadn't anticipated, and her body felt damp, quaking. Never before had she felt more terrified, so much so that she felt the need to cry. What was that? That wasn't a movie, that was the most horrifically realistic thing she had ever seen!

Suddenly, in the silence of the motel room, Sophie felt as though she was being watched. Her head jerked upright, her posture stiff as her eyes scanned the room. It was eerily still, causing her to feel weighted, paranoid. She nearly screamed when she heard something scuffle against the floor, her hands flying up to her chest, huddled into herself. Her eyes flickered to the article of clothing that had fallen to the floor, lying innocently enough in front of the couch. What if something was hiding under the sofa, waiting to grab her hand if she reached to grab it? She stared at it for what seemed like minutes before she decided to ignore it. Instead, she turned toward the window, nearly panicking at the thought of pulling back the thin curtain to peek outside and see a leathery face staring back at her. She winced, quickly peeling the curtain back swiftly. Relief was shortly lived as a loud pop sounded behind her, the motel room growing dimmer. Sophie yelped and darted toward the bathroom, knocking the laundry basket off the sofa in the process. She flipped on the light and slammed the door closed, locking it. She pressed her back up against the door, fishing for the cell phone that resided in her pocket as she slid down to the floor.

She dialed Dean's cell phone, only for it to go to voice-mail. She called Sam, but hung up once she heard the front door open. Sophie bit back a gasp, hearing the chattering of voices for only a moment before they stopped. Footsteps grew closer at an alarming rate, and Sophie covered her face in sheer panic. "Sophie?!" Her head perked up, all the tension melting away from her as Dean's alarmed call echoed through the motel room.