chapter 10

"What the hell? You gonna cook for me?" Jake chuckles.

"No, I'm going to hit you with it."

"Jacob, l-leave her alone," Bella stutters out.

"She's cold, dimwit! I can't help, so you help her!" I stand up carefully. He scoffs but reluctantly agrees.

~

Bella lays in her bed with the covers piled over her as she sleeps. She was warming up a little slower, the wolf didn't want her Dad to walk in and him laying next to her.

Jacob is watching out the window with his arms crossed. "You should go. You know, like leave Bella alone. She'd never just jump off that cliff willingly."

My hand firmly grips my frying pan as I sat down on Bella's bed next to her.

"Why? What's she to you?"

"Thats- that's not of your business!" He shouted at me in a whisper and he turns his gaze to me.

I sigh, "You know what, fine. I'll leave. Just let Bella know that I left because you asked me to," I quickly stand and rush over to him pointing my frying pan at him, "And if you twist that up, wolf boy, I will be sure to snap that pretty little neck of yours."

He scoffs, "God, you remind me of that prissy vampire. What's her name? Rosalie."

I shrug, "I have no idea who that is."

"Right. Well, anyway, bye!" He quickly opens the window and pushed me out of it.

I quickly catch myself and land on my feet.

I look up at him and give him a death glare before he shuts the window and walks away from it.

I guess it's time to give Savannah a call.

~

I inserted a few coins and dialed the number and placed the phone to my ear. It rung a few time before a familar voice answered.

"Hello, this is the Denalis."

"Hi, Kate."

"Lonnie."

"So, can I talk to Savannah?"

"N-," a commotion is heard. "Give me the phone back, Savannah!"

"She asked for me, Aunt Kate. Hi, Lonnie! How are you?" You could hear the smile in her voice as she talked.

"Hi, Savannah! I was wondering if you wanted to go on a vacation?"