❝ 𝒄𝒐𝒇𝒇𝒆𝒆 𝒄𝒖𝒑𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒘𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆;𝒔 ❞

𝘰𝘴𝘵 - 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘦𝘪𝘯 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘮𝘺 𝘵𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘴

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞;

at exactly 6 am in the morning, the open signs of the small convenience stores, restaurants and cafes lights up amidst the slowly fading blue shade of the dawn, providing light breakfast for the people who live the busy city lives. the distant singing of the birds harmonises with this bustling little town stationed just on the outskirts of Seoul city.

a light nights shower had come by refreshing the air from fine dusts that usually greets the sky of yongsan -gu. it helped in rejuvenating the atmosphere of an unwelcoming monday morning. like a big family, the business owners would greet each other and chatter amongst themselves preparing for the busy day ahead.

on the second floor of a small house located in and down the alley way of a busy main road, a light slowly flickers on, playing as a reminder for the tenant that the light bulb needs changing. the room is now dimly lit with the low muffled sound of the television humming in the background.

"a surprising sunny day has been forecasted throughout the day for Seoul today. however as the temperatures are still low, it is advised that citizens take caution and dress warmly before going on about their day." the announcer's voice rings. "moving forward onto the next headline...."

ever since the beginning of the winter season, checking the weather first thing in the morning has become her daily routine, despite the possibility of the weather forecast remaining the same almost everyday.

"it's the same as any other day, still cold and pointless." wheein rolls her eyes quietly murmuring to herself. the unbearably happy voice of the announcer makes wheein more annoyed, resulting in her hurriedly changing the channel until finding a re-run of her favourite variety show, knowing brothers. this time the laughter from the tv show mixed with her occasional giggles infuses the quietness in her small apartment.

the kettle sits on the stove softly whistling as the water reaches its boiling point almost overflowing from the top. her hand swiftly reaches towards it taking it off before it gets the chance to, taking this opportunity to practice her coffee making skills.

her interest in this art peaked when she came across a youtube video which elaborated on the methods and the satisfaction that comes from learning how to make coffee properly. and for once, she also wants to be satisfied and find joy from the hobbies she genuinely loves.

the ground coffee piles up in the filter cup and at slowly pouring the hot water onto it, the wakening aroma of the coffee spreads throughout her kitchen in an instant. she waves her hand above the mug directing the scent towards her, getting a little whiff of the lovely scent that set the mood for the morning.

after, she sets that aside to let it brew while she continues on to make herself a simple light breakfast.