𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐎𝐍𝐄

Start from the beginning

"If you're trying to flirt with someone the least you can do is put on some nice perfume and use better pickup lines McLaggan and besides those don't work on me so don't even try anything," I spoke as he cleared his throat to think of saying something else. "You're very high-spirited, it's attractive," he took his second attempt to flirt with me as I practically rolled my eyes to look towards the other contestants as they were doing perfectly fine except for one, Malfoy.

I watched as the Hufflepuff girl struggled to work with Malfoy. She was more annoyed by the fact she was paired with him than the fact he was in Slytherin. They practically bickered as to where their hand placements are as his annoyance made me chuckle, the professor continued to instruct us on how to work with our assigned partners.

"Now to change it up a little we'll mix you guys around with each other for fun since that's what dance is mostly about besides the competition involved," Penelope spoke as we all moved away from each other, letting out a sense of relief that we weren't touching each other anymore. "Since all the partners are unfamiliar, it's a little awkward, so I'll mix you guys around with other pairings to feel comfortable," she gestured as we all faced her direction, waiting for further directions.

"Why don't you go with her," she pointed at Theodore to move towards Bonnie. "Mr. Zabini you can go with Ms. Brooks, Ginny Weasley with Dean Thomas," she continued to assign pairs as each of them went one by one to the middle floor. I continued to talk with Bonnie by mouthing words as the Professor called out by name. "Ms. Young you can go on with Mr. Malfoy."

I dragged my eyes to meet hers as she gestured to us to move towards the main floor, not wanting to waste any more time since we hadn't had much left. I nodded as I looked towards Malfoy who obviously looked completely oblivious of what was happening. "If you're done daydreaming, we're partnered up," I spoke in a loud enough tone for him as he snapped out of his thoughts, just simply nodding as it sort of left me—confused. We walked up to the main floor as I hesitated before taking his hand into mine remembering what happened last time I touched him.

"I don't bite," he spoke in a tone just enough for me to hear, "unless you ask for it." I rolled my eyes at his childish commentary as I took his hand, intertwining it with mine. He placed his hand on my waist as I took an unnoticed sharp intake of breath, placing my left hand on his shoulder blade. "She said to take the step forward and backward method," I said as I looked up at him. His relentlessly cold stare filled with every type of emotion as it shuts off with contact. His eyes were like the fog on a winding road, they were deep—filled with lustrous darkness, his cold hands sending a piercing sensation as I felt his icy rings colliding with mine.

He did the opposite of what Professor Penelope had told us to do, I narrowed my brows at his technique. "Correct me if I'm wrong, but this isn't what we're—" I was cut off as he twirled me around within a second bringing me back to him, closer than before. "I know what I'm doing, Young, I don't need lessons from a second-hand teacher. Father—I was taught all these techniques since I was little," he hesitated between his words as I felt the closeness of his body to mine, almost feeling his heart thrumming as he looked at me. I noticed his face was paler than before, his eyes being tired. It wasn't the type of tiredness from schoolwork or overwork but something else as there were rings of shadowed bags of exhaustion.

"Give me a reason why I should trust you?" I asked as he breathed, pulling me further back as he twirled me away, pulling me back as his right hand was on my waist again. "I've given you plenty of reasons but you're right, why should you trust me?" he whispered as if it would be a crime for anyone else to listen to his words.

I narrowed my eyes as I looked at him, trying to get an answer as I slightly raised my head to a level with him. He wasn't lying, there were multiple occasions on things I've entrusted him with things that run deeper than a dance competition. "It's not like I have a choice," I confess as he slightly chuckled, trying to make it go unnoticed as I tore my eyes away from his face, so my mind stopped wanting to learn every part of his.