Loki walked towards Thanos, with his hands on his back. "I am sorry, what?" Loki asked.

Loki wasn't scared of what the titan would do. He had already lost everything.

Thanos looked over at Loki. "You'll be following my orders," Thanos smiled.

"Sorry, I'm not really fond of orders," Loki smiled. In his hands, behind his back, a dagger appeared. Loki launched his hand up against Thanos' throat, but Thanos saw it coming.

Thanos grabbed Loki's wrist and twisted it until the dagger fell out of his hand. "Stupid move Asgardian," Thanos chuckled.

He then grabbed Loki's throat and lifted him up from the ground. Loki tried to hit Thanos hand and fought against his firm grip, but to no use.

Thanos was much stronger then what Loki expected, so he eventually gave up on fighting back. Loki gasped for air.

Now I am dying. Now I'll see Freya again.

But Thanos loosened the grip on Loki's throat.

"You're going to obey me. Or I'll find your dear brother Thor and kill him very slow and painfully in front of you." Thanos smiled to Loki.

Not Thor.

He lied. He had two more things to lose; Thor and Frigga.

Even though it had only been a day since the two brothers fought at the Bifrost, Loki still loved and cared for his brother deeply. He didn't want anything to happen to him, so Loki agreed.

"F-fine... just don't... touch Thor," Loki struggled to speak, as he fought for air.

"Good," Thanos said and dropped Loki back on the ground. Loki gasped for air and held his hands on his throat.

Forgive me brother.

3 years later

Its been three years since I arrived at the compound. This life was all I knew.

I was a part of the team now, The Avengers. This was home. This was my family.

Bruce and Tony tried finding out where I was from and how I got here, by running tests on me, but after a year and a half, they gave up. They found no new clues. It was a dead end.

What they did find out was that I had powers. They saw that the first night I arrived, by the purple sparks in my hand, but I didn't know what it was.

"A what?"

"A witch. Just like Wanda!" Tony explained and nodded to Wanda.

"Woah, woah, woah! Hey! I don't like that word!" Wanda exclaimed and looked at me in confusion. "What word?" Tony asked.

"The w-word," Wanda crossed her arms. Tony rolled his eyes.

"Oh c'mon, its cool! You're the two most powerful Avengers!" Tony smiled and made a hand gesture to the two of us.

Bruce didn't look amused at the statement, but said nothing. "You almost have the same abilities. You both have telekinetic abilities, you can control things with your mind! I am sure you can also like shoot things out of your hands, therefore the purple sparks. You're strong, like super strong. I'm sure she could beat Hulk in a hand to hand combat, sorry pal," Tony patted Bruce's chest.

"Good thing you're not evil."

"But I don't know how to use it," I told them.

"I'll teach you," Wanda smiled to me. "Problem solved."

During the three years of being here, Wanda taught me how to control my powers. We started out moving toy blocks, and eventually I learned how to control it. After some while, I joined the Avengers out on their missions.

I soon realised that Earth was a scary place. Evil around every corner, waiting for the right moment. People are awful to each other. They steal, lie, beat up and kill other humans. Just because.

But I also realised that people also are filled with love. The compoud was like nothing else I'd ever experienced. Not that I knew about much else. Tony and Steve always argued, and sometimes everyone just had enough of each other.

But still everyone loved each other dearly. If you looked for it, you would see it so clearly.

The way Vision would make us all food, even though he couldn't eat it. Tony would always make everyone new suits, and make sure they were okay after each mission. Nat would braid my hair without me asking her to. Bucky would let Sam put magnets on his metal-arm. Steve would watch movies with me and tell me about everything he missed during the 70 years under ice.

The love was there. And I was so grateful.

This part of me, the Avenger-part, grew stronger and bigger, and I didn't really think that much about who I were before all of this. This was me now.

An Avenger.

I had a purpose.

"Pietro, did you take my remote?" I bursted out into the living room. "I swear to God, I will kick you out of the window!"

We had just finished another mission, and everyone was having a day off. The only person in the living room was Nat. She was sitting in the sofa, leaned over her phone. She looked up at me with a smug smile. "Hey there,"

"Oh hi Nat," I plunged down next to her in the sofa. "What sup?"

Nat looked exhausted and beat up, which wasn't the weirdest sight after a mission. She had a bruise around her eye after being hit with the end of a gun. She looked absolutely beautiful anyway.

"We're going on a mission," She sighed, clearly tired and in need of a break. I felt the same way.

"What? Again?" I groaned and put my head back on the couch. I just wanted one quiet day. Just one. "Like right now?" I looked back up at her.

"Yes. Tony said it was pretty urgent."