1.꧁*War Of The Best*꧂

꧁*War Of The Best*꧂

.
.
•⊰✾⊱•••⊰✾⊱•
.
.

Ace never would have though being loved by someone.

Someone who's... Waiting... Happy... A fighter... Loyal man... Someone who's Freer than anyone else.

The blue of his power, the way they sway on every struck of his strength... It reminds him of the ocean waves... Even the color. His ridiculous blond hair that looks like a pineapple, but the color of the morning sun.

ACE loves marco the pheonix.

Especially his blue eyes that only soften and sparkle when looking at him. He always thought marco was an angel because of that blue wings of his while he was a demons incarnate...

Someone who doesn't deserve the rights to live.

When seeing him at the marine Ford he who was ready to accept death, when suddenly that fierce bright blue wings came swipping down with a smirk to save him... Ace didn't know what to do but cried seeing how his lover was here.

To save him.

To make him return home.

Marco... He was one of the few who approach ace with kindness. despite... him, wanting to kill whitebeard himself. Thatch... Oh! Thatch... That absolute beautiful hair fucker that ace wanted to have revenge for.

Unlike everyone who doesn't care much about ace. Thinking he'll give up any second and just accept whitebeards mark. They can't see how ace was suffering, was having that pain feeling just beeing near them.

Marco... He was different, despite him hating everyone on the ship, despite how he refuse thatch food.

Marco came again and again, approaching him, giving him food and a sense of knowing.

A sense of knowing, Telling, showing him... He wasn't alone.

"He calls us our son after all"

Those words let out from marcos mouth made him raise his head to stare at his face. Ace never saw him smile like that, everytime he took a peek to see or scan all the crew, he always saw marco with a bored droopy but calm look. But now... That radiating light, that smile were like... Like he found his own treasure, happiness.

It was... Something.

Will he smile like marco too? Would he smile like he was the happiest person too?.

He can't.

A devil like him can't.

So he just stare at marcos still smilling face. He bite his lips in annoyance.

Maybe... A chance?

The blond left, returning that calm look upon him. ace eyes linger behind his back, he haven't seen such smile before unlike his brothers.

Luffy always smile no doubt about that like a sunshine, sabo smiles aren't rare but it was endearing.

But marco...?

He wanted to see it again.

They say took a leap of faith, and ace did, And he didn't regret it. He... He Never once did he smilling from ear to ear when outside of the Family. He... He had a father he... He had brothers... He... Is free, happy... He... He... He...

He can't explain the beating heart! everytime marco is looking at him!.

It was foolish! It was embrassing! He was older and more mature!, it was unacceptable! It was out of plan! He was kind! His eyes made his heart beating, his lips! His voice! He was something he can't explain!. The flower he gave! The teaching he did! The converation they had!.

He was! He was!! He was-!

He is in love...

Ace is in love with the Phoenix..

He never been in love before, like how your stomach flip just by him looking at you, the ways he just talk makes you melt. or that idiom were butterflies flap on your stomach?. He fucking doesn't know shit.

He didn't think he'll experience this.

He... Didn't mind it though... It was something... Different... A new feeling.

He wanted more.

Ace was consider, fiesty, wild and a prankster, Always smilling and smirking mischievously. But... when his talking to marco? he becoming a blushing mess!.

Like a maiden in love!.

Thats when the awkward confession started (both said all together, blush, anxious, nervous, galloping hearts) and accepted one another thats when he just explode.

Literally...

Marco had to calm him down before he burn down the forest they confess in. But marco wasn't doing so well too. (He accidentally burst into blue flames, especially his head, his tail spring out waggling like a excited cat).

To say the least...

He didn't know he can be this happy. He didn't know how much he can handle that love marco gave to him.

He... He Just can't explain into words on how he loves him, how he was such a happiest person.

It's just!... Its just!

He just so darn happy to be alive.

Thats why Seeing the distruction, the war cry, the power, the sweat, blood and tears for him. His brothers calling out his name, his friends fighting to save him.

For him.

Ace Wanted to live...

His heart couldn't take such happiness, he loves his brothers in arms, his little brother luffy, to his so called "father" and his lover.

He was so damn happy that he was smilling on death itself.

"Thank you for loving me!!"

He was sorry for not keeping his promise, but he love his brother too much to let him die and not achieve his dream... He already achieve his... He was loved... His name runs the world as fire fist... He had a brother thousands of them... He had a father... And a lover who would grow old with him or die at the battle field with him.

But he was dying alone and young... and its fine for him. He love marco too much for him to die too...

If only he left saying sorry, with a good end... He left marco... With a heavy heart, a quarrel they had before he left to take revenge. Marco was shouting for him not to leave, but his hard ass did and left the fuming worried and teared eyed marco to avenge thatch.

If only he left without that heavy heart.

"ACE!!!"

Ah... Marco was there, eyes wide as he reach his hand to ace and ace did tried to reach for him but... Couldn't... He just smile, thats smile asking forgiveness and thankful that marco gave him happiness.

"Maybe the next life will be great..." he whispered. He felt the cold embrace him but it wasn't uncomfortable.

It... Felt warm?

He laugh whispering to his brother, thanking him once more.

He fell asleep.

"ACE!!!!!"

Portgas D. Ace died in the war of the best, he was a man who loved by all of his family.

A man that can be respected.

A man like him should have lived longer.

A man like him will fight for to protect and love again.

Again.

And again.

.

.
.
•⊰✾⊱•••⊰✾⊱•
.
.

.

Publish: Feb, 26, 2021