020

twenty

Did Renjun forget? No.

Did it bother him? Yes. For the whole night, actually, which made him feel really sleepy by the time he entered his building. It was nothing special, of course, but to Renjun, he did recall Jaemin faintly saying that he had this irresistible scent and all that jazz the first time he came here.

"Did you even get any wink of sleep? You're dozing off almost every second," Jungwoo waved his hand in front of Renjun as the chinese fluttered his eyes open for the nth time, holding back the will to yawn.

"I didn't," Renjun sighed, slapping himself to at least give him energy for school.

It helped him, for a few seconds, though he gets to doze off again as they are that the library since Mr. Suh gave them a requirement to search for the exact reason why vampires created a truce with humans centuries ago.

Jungwoo knows it in detail, while Yangyang and Renjun just know the brief definition from the oldest, but he'd rather act like he doesn't just to spill some tea with Yangyang and Renjun since Mr. Suh told the students who knew about it to stay in the classroom and make a report about it.

"Why's that?" Yangyang joined, placing a stack of books on the table as he took a seat beside Jungwoo.

"Nothing special, just overthinking," Renjun took a book from the stack the younger chinese placed on the table and opened it before placing his arms on top and burying his head. "The whole night."

"What are you overthinking for exactly?"

Renjun sighed and looked up to them, bags visibly forming the under lids of his eyes. "Don't think too much about it." The chinese yawned.

Yangyang and Jungwoo looked at each other, with the older nodding his head to signal that they just let Renjun be since he is tired as heck. The chinese across them took a deep breath and sat up while closing his eyes, hoping to at least get a little energy for this time of the day the moment he opens his eyes.

It did not work, obviously. Yes, he was used to staying up late almost every day back when he was not yet sold, but then he got used to sleeping eight hours a day when he arrived at the Jung's.

"Fuck, I just want sleep." Renjun ruffled his hair in frustration.

"Holt shit, Renjun you found it!" Yangyang exclaimed, earning the attention of both Jungwoo and Renjun.

"Found what?"

Yangyang pointed at the page of the book that the older chinese just opened, revealing the truce of vampires and vampire hunters centuries ago. As if energy boosted in Renjun's veins, all three of them hastily opened their notebooks and took their pens to write the information written.

"Dang, didn't know Neo City was a kingdom before," Yangyang muttered as he wrote the valuable information on his notebook.

"It was. I heard Mr. Lee, the principal, is the great grandson of the first king of Neo City, or formerly known as the kingdom of Alynthi." Jungwoo shared, brushing his hair back.

"Mr. Lee is of royalty!?" Yangyang exclaimed rather too loud, causing someone to shush them down. The male smiled sheepishly and spoke an apology before turning back to Jungwoo, "Is he really?"

The oldest hummed in response, "Which is why Mr. Lee's father was very strict when it comes to who he was dating."

The past of Neo City didn't really matter to Renjun, but there was something at the end of the book that caught his attention. "Healing vampires are allergic to garlic?"